1. Psst! We just published some cool documents with tons of tips and secrets about both this forum and Mekorama. Whether you're just visiting, a new member, or have been with us for a while, we're sure you'll find them useful. So far we have Welcome_to_MekoramaForum.pdf, Introduction_to_Mekorama.pdf, and How_to_Share_a_Mekorama_Level.pdf. Find them all in this forum thread:

Everything you have always wanted to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi. This yellow notice is called a system notice. You can click on the tab of each (at the bottom right) to stop and read them. They can also be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' (in the top right corner). From time to time we may refresh them (make them visible again) as a reminder to all the members. And if you ever want to read one that has been dismissed, you can do so via this thread in the Announcements forum. Thank you for respecting them!
    Dismiss Notice

Let's Discuss Levels good enough to tweak

Discussion in 'Level Creation Help' started by cimarronline, Apr 30, 2019.

1. cimarronline

cimarronline Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I was very impressed with the simple design and wonderful mechanism of The Safe, by @zax2002. But I wanted a little more when you get the safe open. So I added a surprise inside, and I made the clue on the back a little more interesting. It has more of an overall theme now; I call it "Safe":

(Here's a solution video. It's not really needed, but I like watching it.)

[​IMG]

Źàiď likes this.
  2. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I was surprised and intrigued by the beautiful and innovative design of Dark Side of the Moon, by @MScript. The puzzle inside had a lot of shortcuts, though. So I tried filling the moon with an attractive and more challenging puzzle, and I was happy with how it came out (thanks to @ridgerunner for help finding shortcuts!):

(Solution video here.)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  3. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Earthquake, by @geniorobin, offers a great play environment and story, and is just so original. I wondered if I could make it a little more challenging, though. And it ran a little slowly on my device because of all the moving parts. So I investigated, and found I could remove over 100 sliders underneath and still get the great moving effect. And I broke up the floor a little and added some overhead pipes to provide more challenge getting everyone out.

(Here's a video of the new gameplay.)

[​IMG]

Źàiď likes this.
  4. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I really loved the mysterious and magical Mirror, Mirror by @Ludo Friend. It made me wonder, though, if it would be possible to introduce more gameplay without ruining the wonderful effect. So I moved things around a little and made other things moveable (still mostly hidden like the original). Then I had the idea of B seeing something in the mirror that shouldn't be there, and going through to put it away. I think the result is pretty fun:

(Solution video here, though it's more fun to explore first...)

[​IMG]

Źàiď and DDD like this.
  5. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Like many people, I was very impressed by the imaginative and beautiful architecture of Hogwarts by @meko. I love little worlds like that one. In the puzzle, he limited himself by not using sliders or tricks. That made me wonder what it could be like if those were used. So I edited the puzzle, expanding into some of the unused spaces, adding tricks, and even including a moving staircase (as suggested in the comments). A few new surprises as well. I'm very happy with the result, a little more challenging, while keeping the original magic:

(Here's a solution video.)

[​IMG]

meko and Źàiď like this.