1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Organization Too many "junk" levels being uploaded - please weed out

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by Sunny Sunset, May 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I don't exactly like the idea of level packs because that would kill the pay-if-you-like-it aspect of the game, and while I would be 100% willing to contribute to it for free, I don't usually pay for stuff in games, so I would be pretty sad if they do that. I also think it's unfair to call levels without B-Bots "junk levels". There are some levels that don't use B-Bots, but are still awesome! Even the 50 levels by Martin Magni have some without B-Bots. Also, would his Slam Dunk stage classify as a "flinging" level? And how do you feel about solvable levels that showcase a bug? You seemed to like "Squeeze" by FREED0M. Other examples could be my Motorcycle and Spirit's Assault stages, and richardfu_'s Ramp Climbing and Hercules. There are a lot of points to be argued about, but I do agree that true "junk levels" have to be sorted out/deleted. It will be complicated, though, as different people have different opinions.

2. DreamBliss

DreamBliss Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Many, many years ago a game came out called Unreal, soon followed by Unreal Tournament. Half the fun of this first-person shooter game was not the game itself. In fact I didn't even buy the game for the game!

What many of us were doing, myself included, was using UnrealED to create new levels and new game types. We wanted to push the limits. Given the constraints of the game, all sorts of new concepts and ideas emerged. And this allowed Epic to release its follow up titles, and now the new Unreal Engine with the new Unreal Tournament.

These levels you call junk are actually the fertilizer out of which new things will grow. And junk is a subjective term anyway. I don't see anything here as being junk. There is something for everyone, every sort of Mekorama player. I will say that it would be nice if things were better organized, to make specific things easier to find. But other than that the folks here have done, and are doing, an excellent job.

Also please get rid of the us VS them mentality. We are all Mekorama players, whether we just play the game, or make new levels, or do some combination of both. I am looking forward to see what the future holds for this game and its community.

Makaroni, Gepeto, BioRenegat and 3 others like this.