1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

The win block: to use it or not and how.

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by Robot B, Apr 28, 2022.

You like win block? And how you would like it to be used?

1. No. I absolutely prefer levels without it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. But if there is a win block, I prefer that it is not too easily accessible.

50.0%
  3. Yes. There may be a winblock, but I only consider a level won when I have taken all the star.

50.0%
  1. Robot B

Robot B Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I happened to create or play levels with a win block that the player can easily reach with just one click. However, in these levels the win block is not the only star present.
    So I conceive my purpose in the level to get all the stars in the level to get the victory.
    At this point you could say: if you want your goal to be this, don't put a win block.

But I think that the win block is also important in the design of a level, to give more importance to one star over the others, or simply to hear that click at the end of the level that gives me a lot of satisfaction.:p

I ask you for your opinion on this topic through the poll.:)

2. BLR

BLR Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    In my opinion, win block can be useful, if there only one goal. It's useless when you create adventure level that use stars. Players just can go to the win block without getting the stars. Well, if you want create an adventure (or other kind of) level, that use stars and win block, i suggest you to make a path like in this picture so players also can get stars.
    Screenshot_20220429-210741.jpg

That's my opinion about win block:)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    Robot B likes this.
  3. Ruisu Anesuto

Ruisu Anesuto Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yo, en lo personal, si me gusta crear y jugar niveles que lo empleen (porque sumado a las estrellas permite un mayor número de objetivos). Pero creo que en niveles creados con la intención de ser explorados debemos pensar con cuidado su uso.