1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - Forum Sort levels by views AND date ?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by vince, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @B Hill - 300 pages is the upper limit but as soon as 20 results are grabbed it stops the search. I have added yesterday a to_date qualifier :) but the date of data still the moment we ask for them.

At work I code much more with DotNet (Windows), but when it comes to me I love Python (interpreted langage) as you can do almost whatever you want wherever you want, from a webserver service (with just one line!) to images processing and server scripting (Linux). You should be interested in it as it has great math libraries (numpy, scipy, sympy,...) and is used a lot among scientific communities (and grow up in data sciences along with Java).

2. B Hill

B Hill Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Gepeto
    I have used PHP and perl but most of my experience is in Java and C. But I have been hand coding html since 1994 as well. I like my html clean.
    I think getting a limited number like 20 is a good choice. Getting all the levels from the last month would take a lot of crawling. Also the top 20 levels gives a good sample of the best levels from each ranking, effectively filtering out from the start the levels you have to work with. Then among these top levels they are further sorted to find the creme de la crème.

3. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @B Hill - From what I have seen it seems quicker to grab the last month entirely than grab each filtered result from the website. This is because from each filtered results there is a lot of out of range levels (since may) where on chronological order everything is valid till the from_date. When I have all the results it is one line to do "sort by rates > rating > views > comments". I'll probably release the script as an attachment when done (kind of open source stuff ;))