1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - Forum @ mentions not triggering alerts

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by nGord, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I am ONLY a moderator.
    When people ask how things work, I do my best to explain in ways that help people to understand.

This isn't something that "needs" fixing, it's a minor inconvenience at best, and is likely something relating to the original programming of the platform itself.

As far as I am concerned, this is a dead horse… And it's time to bury it.
    I need to get back to work...yes, I work on weekends.

2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    i shall kindly, thus, request your resignation as a moderator.

I base this request on the fact that:
    - You clearly do not have the best interests of the community;
    - You fail at staying on topic;
    - You insult and belittle others; and
    - You clearly do not have the time required to do a decent job of a moderator.

If, on the other hand, I clearly made a mistake in addressing my question to the wrong person - that you are only a moderator, have no knowledge and the decency to say so, and have no way to raise the issue to a higher authority - then my apologies. I will stick with addressing @NeoCHI and @Martin Magni in my future observations and suggestions for improvement of this website.

cpw, meko and sawdust like this.
  3. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    @nGord You are certainly most welcome to your opinion.
    Please allow me to address your allegations and concerns.

-- I most definitely have the interests of the community in mind. That's WHY I'm here. That's WHY I have a bit of a heavy hand -- so that this place runs smoothly, even though there have been some people in the past who were hellbent on trying to make it run amuck in absolute chaos, who were corralled quickly. If I was not interested in the community, I would've left long ago. Lord knows, my patience has been severely tried here. ;)

-- I most certainly stay on topic. One single thread, where I attempted to be as helpful as *I* perceived the topic to be, is not a good example of "off topic". To be off topic, I would've had to be totally out in left field discussing organic, Non-GMO health foods, learning management systems, or airplane mechanics instead. Miscommunication is not considered "off-topic".

--- I do not insult or belittle others. Note that the community is rather youthful and sometimes needs a bit of guidance from a much older parental figure. (Grandmother?) Sometimes this opens up a little bit of psychological insight to get a point across. Psychology and my tendency towards a professional authoritative speaking manner sometimes comes across differently in a younger person's mind as insulting. Forgive me if I have made you feel belittled. It is not my intent.:(

--- I most definitely have the time to "moderate" the system; deal with the reported items; accept or decline moderated posts; make sure rules are followed; and answer questions. Those are the major parts of any moderator's job. Being a moderator does not mean one has to have endless time to respond to every discussion post in every thread until it is totally exhausted 3 weeks later.

That being said:

If you are looking for answers as to how things work here on the website, or to solve a non-technical, non-programming issue, that's what a moderator can answer. Feel free to flag me in a forum post, or open a direct conversation with me. Either is fine.

If you have some sort of technical problem with the website that goes above and beyond trying to figure out your forgotten password, or how to edit your level, you can contact @NeoCHI directly.

If you have questions or suggestions regarding the Mekorama app, then those definitely go to @Martin Magni whom you can also open a direct conversation with if you are concerned about him not seeing a tagged post.

Staff members and moderators have no magical way to reach @NeoCHI, all members are equal in our ability to contact him. He will answer his conversations when he has the time, which sometimes may appear like has less time than I do. :rolleyes:

Please note that staff members are all volunteers here, and NeoCHI generously volunteered this site and his time setting it up, for the Mekorama community as a favor to @Martin Magni, who, as I understand it, does not have any dealings with the running of the website.

4. nGord

Levels:
    Albums:
  5. richardfu_

richardfu_ Retired Moderator and Featured Levels Manager

Levels:
    Albums:
    Now that @NeoCHI no longer cares about the forum, there is no way to remove Sunny Sunset's moderator position, no matter how many complaints are given by members. I think this is the worst dead-horse situation here.

meko likes this.
  6. nGord

Levels:
    Albums:
  7. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    What makes you think NeoCHI no longer cares about the forum?
    Did he actually tell you that?

On the other hand, if he truly no longer cares… At least there's one moderator who does...ME.

8. Astral_Mage

Astral_Mage Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    It seems that @ mentions are not triggered in levels' comments, but it seems that alerts involving levels are a bit random as well, unless your comment has been liked you can't receive a reply alert o_O