1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Poll Maximum uploads per day?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by TR O, Aug 31, 2016.

Reason for having maximum upload limitation, or not

Poll closed Oct 19, 2016.
  1. ✔ To be fair for all users

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. ✔ Prevent page "flooded"

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. ✔ Prevent hacker attack

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. ✔ Maintain certain level quailty

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  5. ✘Limitation leaves no flexiblity

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. It's not big of a problem

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. Other comments

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TR O

TR O Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently, there are some massive upload actions on this site. Those users seems to up load 10-70 levels in a roll. Card display would become unbalance :eek:.Some of the visitors may found that disturbing. It may also lead to some other negative effects to this site too. Vote to share your view.;)Thank You~

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
  2. cpw

cpw Retired Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'd like to think that it is the member's own choice to upload levels in a batch or individually, but the flood does cause some inconvenience to me personally. There should be an auto-grouping feature that displays all cards uploaded by the same member within a specific time interval, such that members can have the choice to upload many cards at a time without flooding the front pages :)

TR O likes this.
  3. S. Nagy

S. Nagy Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    My apologies for flooding the forum all at once. I just discovered the site a couple days ago and have been developing levels since the game came out. I hadn't realized the impact it would have uploading them all at once.

Shroomir, Astral_Mage and TR O like this.
  4. TR O

TR O Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This post intends to raise the awareness of the potential vulnerabilities of the forum. Regarding the contributions of numerous users have made, hope that we can treasure and preserve this precious platform together.

5. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Of course this thread has been initiated next to your uploads @S. Nagy but it wasn't your fault has you didn't thought bad, I'm sure. That should be a feature of the framework but I'm not sure that's possible. Limiting the number of uploads per day (let's say 10 max) seems to me a good idea as it encourages diversity and quality. Moreover, this is just reasonable...
    For the uploader too it's better as people can take time to analyze, download, comment and rate each creation. With too many uploads it's easier to be bored and passover while it could be great :(
    Otherwise this flood result was based on a genuine desire. And as I said elsewhere I am interested in these kind of levels (if you've got a zip package of them, I am interested too ;))

TR O likes this.
  6. B Hill

B Hill Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I too have noticed the flooding, and I think one effect is that it does not give enough time for people to properly digest your levels. Many levels get no comments and few views because I think there are just too many to look at. I should think it would actually benefit authors to themselves limit posting new levels to a few at a time. Give us a chance to try your levels a few at a time and make comments, let us get to know you through a gradual introduction of your work.

Also I wonder if so much time is being spent uploading your levels, are you spending enough time trying other people's levels? That's one of the reasons I came here to see what other people do.

cpw and TR O like this.