1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - Forum "Liking" a card resulting in a "thumbs down"

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by nGord, Aug 18, 2016.

1. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I, and others like @Frenzies (on The Mill by @richardfu_ ), have noticed that after we click to like a card, that the card receives a point towards a thumbs down on it. Unlike in The Mill, where the effect has been corrected somehow, my like and that of others on Tutorial 2 and Tutorial 1 by @trids in his album Exploits still register as thumbs downs.

Would anyone have experienced similar problems, know of a potential solution, or know how to raise this to the webmaster's attention? @Sunny Sunset @NeoCHI would you be able to please help?

Astral_Mage and Sunny Sunset like this.
  2. meko

meko Italian Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    A level can't have dislikes. If you click the thumbs up the like will be recorded and will appear a thumbs down. If you click on the thumbs down the like will be deleted and will appear a thumbs up.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  3. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    If it is a graphics problem I'm not seeing it. When I click the word "like", it changes to "unlike". I don't see a thumbs up or thumbs down. Maybe It only shows up on certain devices. Only @NeoCHI can solve this.

On the other hand, once you have chosen the thumbs up, it's giving you the OPTION to give it a thumbs down… Or rather to simply "unlike" it, as in, remove the like....

4. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The thumbs down appears in the forum's level menu page. You can see how many likes, views, comments and ratings the level has from there. They are represented by symbols, like an eye for views, a half-full star for ratings, a speech bubble for comments, and usually a thumbs up for likes. However, in the case mentioned, the likes were represented as thumbs down.

nGord likes this.
  5. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Again, all that it is showing you is the option to UNLIKE a level you liked.

If you did not click "like", you would see a thumbs up with the number of likes.
    If you DID click "like", you would see a thumbs down, to remind you that YOU already clicked like, and it is now giving you the option to unlike it, if you choose.

nGord, Astral_Mage and Frenzies like this.
  6. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Ok, thanks for making it clear :)

7. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Sunny Sunset Oh, so it's a "feature!" I understood your second explanation. Thanks!

Rather a shame that unlike the other fixed icons indicating status, this thumbs up/down icon is a repetition of the like/unlike clickable link on the card page. The duplication of a function and the inconsistencies threw me off.

@meko I understand now. Thanks!

8. Astral_Mage

Astral_Mage Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    That explains it, I was wondering about it also :3

nGord likes this.
  9. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I have been surprised the first time I have seen the thumb down but not for long. I think the developers of the xenForo template thought doing good but unfortunately that's misinterpreted by users.
    Nothing important but it pointed out how a little stuff can lead to big troubles :) Not easy to design a website :p

nGord likes this.
  10. B Hill

B Hill Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yes this confused me to, but I understand the explanation. However it is not consistent with the other icons, it should show the total number of likes the level has received, the same as it currently shows the total number of views and comments. If you want to like/unlike you should need to go into the level's page to do so. Can the webmaster fix this, or is it just part of the supplied forum package?

nGord likes this.