1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Recommendations Levels good enough to tweak

Discussion in 'Notable Levels and Other Cards' started by cimarronline, Apr 30, 2019.

1. cimarronline

cimarronline Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    A couple more classic Mekorama levels were updated recently (so they work with the newer versions of Mekorama), by a member who chooses to remain anonymous. They're great ones, Disney Castle by @PvB, and End of the Path by @Star Penguin. I'll post the updated Disney Castle here, to show the simple, clever way the last fun P move was achieved. Over 50 levels have been updated now!

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
    Adiorama and PvB like this.
  2. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Another fun and mystifying level by @Fendi yesterday (from his youtube channel), Qurata. Beautiful as always and enjoyable to explore, with an effect at the end that I still can't explain. It inspired an idea, so I got rid of L and tried something different.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

RZK, Adiorama and Fendi like this.
  3. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently I enjoyed another @Fendi level, Cozy House. Cozy indeed, with an unexpected twist at the end. It inspired a couple ideas, so I tried them and I like how it came out.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Fendi likes this.
  4. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    And one more fun little level from @Fendi's youtube channel, Solo Run. As the title suggests, the original is a solo run by R, with lots of interesting moves that R can do all by himself. I enjoyed watching, and it got me thinking. So I tried a few changes (still keeping R the star of the level), just to give the player something to do...

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

RZK likes this.
  5. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Just a reminder to please let me know if you find levels that are broken by updates to Mekorama. I just happened to see comments about this fun classic by @Star Penguin recently, Pacific Bunker. It was a little tricky to fix, but this updated version seems to work reliably with the newer versions of Mekorama.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

6. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I played this one recently, XJump, by @Giuseppe Amenta. I didn't use the best move the first time I played, but the comments made me try again. That inspired me to make a few tweaks to highlight that surprising, fun move.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Giuseppe Amenta and MekaSage like this.
  7. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Another good one from @Fendi, Mist (on his youtube channel). With some new surprising and creative moves, as we've come to expect from him. I had good fun, and then wondered if I could get rid of L and tweak the level so R and B could handle it. I like how it came out.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Bob Marley and Fendi like this.
  8. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I've enjoyed many levels by @Chasano222 over the years, and recently played his Slip To Sleep again. That one was the start of a unique and fun "sleepy" series. This time I happened upon an unexpected move that inspired me to try a little tweak.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

9. ridgerunner

ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Misty plays very well. I enjoyed the finish when i had some frantic moving of the draggable when I realised that i had left a gap. I like levels when there is no need to check the video as the ending feels so right.

cimarronline likes this.
  10. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I really liked the surprising sensor action in @Fendi's Sensor CT. Then I wondered if I could try some different gameplay without messing up the sensor behavior (sensors can be very temperamental).

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2022
  11. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    It's been two years since I posted this, so I think I'll put it up again (it's still my favorite):

In the spirit of the season I played some of the old Christmas levels, including my favorite, Silly Santa, by @Block builder. Fun and whimsical. There are some R instabilities, so I tried smoothing them out, then had a fun little idea to add to the puzzle (I couldn't help giving it a new name too). Merry Christmas!

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Block builder likes this.
  12. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    The recent reappearance of @Block builder in the forum inspired me to play some of his old classics again, including one of my all-time favorites, Space Walk. (A big favorite of my space-loving son, too.) Wonderful design with a fun skill challenge. Playing it again inspired a little idea to try, to see if it would work. Then I spruced up the shuttle a bit too, with some design help from my son.

B had an accident and his lifeline has snapped--can you get him safely into the station's gravity chamber to recover?

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    mothproof, Jóh and Block builder like this.
  13. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently I enjoyed another good @Fendi level on his youtube channel, Sarov. Nice R and offset moves, and a surprise win. It inspired a little idea to replace the star move with another fun move I learned from Fendi, here. I like the result:

[Sorry, reposted this one because I had another idea to add...]

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Fendi likes this.
  14. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    A few days ago I had fun with Last Try, by @Yusuf. Tricky and compact, with a fun ending. And I appreciated that the star was up in the sky (where stars belong). That got me thinking about putting the star even higher, and then I had a few more ideas to try. I like how R flies!

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Yusuf likes this.
  15. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I was intrigued by @935's Big Puzzle Box. Mysterious effects suggest some amazing mechanisms inside. So I took a look and was not disappointed. The boogie bot moves weren't always reliable, so I tried another way of dropping B in a hole, then experimented with a few more little tweaks to improve reliability. Still mysterious and amazing. (The mechanisms sometimes take a while--patience is a virtue.)

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    MekaSage and 935 like this.
  16. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Another good @Fendi level from last week, New Swamp. It took me a while to see the important moves, but they are fun and very uniquely Fendi. The player only gets one chance with one of them, though, so I tried to find a way to give myself more chances if I missed. Then I realized I could do without L also.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Fendi likes this.
  17. IceBlade

IceBlade Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This is a modification of the level "Combination Lock" by "Known Author"
    It was a very nice and smooth combination lock which was "more of a playable tech demo that isn't meant to be taken as an actual level."

The original level is here --> https://mekoramaforum.com/media/combination-lock.28753/
    and this mod is posted here with the permission of "Known Author" (https://mekoramaforum.com/members/known_author.6058/)

The improvement I sought to introduce was a fun ending and additional gameplay.
    Once the correct combination has been entered (I've kept the original combination) your reward is:
    1. The side swings open to reveal the guts of the level
    2. Two Zapper bots rise up
    3. A flood of headless bots pours out of the slot at the back
    4. B is pushed out with them

So you have to:
    1. Escape the crush
    2. Avoid the zappers
    3. Guide either one of the R or L bots onto the win.

Enjoy

Combo Chaos.png

cimarronline likes this.
  18. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Another fun and surprising level by @Fendi this week, Scent. Great looking, as always, with some unusual moves (one I recognized because I added it to a level before, here). I replaced a star with different gameplay, and changed a move at the end after I saw the ingenious way @Denis Nazin did it. That move fits the level well, since I first saw it in another Fendi level.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2023
    Fendi and Denis Nazin like this.
  19. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently I enjoyed Cursed or Myth?, by @PvB, a mysterious and surprising (and beautiful) level to explore. He took the level down, but maybe it will appear again (the original is here). It inspired an idea for a different ending, so I tried it. Also worked some on stability and reliability, which is difficult with falling pieces. I'm pretty happy with the result:

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

20. cimarronline

Levels:
    Albums:
    I was playing @vince's Square One III yesterday, to update it for newer versions of Mekorama. It's easy to overlook the remarkable mechanism underneath, but vince made it visible so we can watch B's progress. The whole Square One series is great.

(Solution video here)

[​IMG]

vince likes this.