1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Good eats - recipe

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by D.S.Masters, Apr 10, 2019.

1. D.S.Masters

D.S.Masters Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Levels:
    Albums:
    I do a bit of cooking every once in a while, and recently I found a recipe that I modified to suit my tastes. If you like spicy, go for it.

Tex-Mex Chili Mac
    1 pound ground beef
    1 medium onion, diced
    1 cup (uncooked) small elbow macaroni
    1 packet hot taco seasoning (Old El Paso makes a good one)
    1 can (10 or 14 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chiles (or with jalapenos)
    1 teaspoon sriracha powder (found in the spice aisle in most grocery stores)
    optional: 1 small packet Sazon Goya - note, if you use this, don't add salt to the recipe
    1/2 cup water

Cook the macaroni in a large pot, and while it's cooking, cook the ground beef and onion in a large skillet until the beef is no longer pink; remove from the burner and drain. Once the pasta is done, drain it (but don't rinse it), return it to the pot and add the beef, onion, and all the rest of the ingredients. Blend well, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Salt to taste and serve. Makes 3 to 4 servings.

If you don't like spicy, eliminate the sriracha, and use plain diced tomatoes. If it doesn't make your nose run and your eyes water, then it's not spicy enough. :D;)

Edited April 28, 2019 - Ro-Tel now has Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis and Chipotle Peppers, so I'm kicking it up a notch. :)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    EL797 and nGord like this.