1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

White Floor

Discussion in 'Game Behaviours' started by Labyrenight, May 23, 2023.

1. Labyrenight

Labyrenight Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Does this mean the position of the white floor is slightly up?
    mekorama.png

AreaRankDragon and MekoMole like this.
  2. MekoMole

MekoMole Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    You DO come up with some fascinating conundrums. I am most intrigued by the third bot from the left. It's legs initially kick in mid air then suddenly elongate and stick to the metal block. The second from the left, identical other than the brick block rather than metal, does not. Your suggestion of the white floor being slightly up is credible but I wonder if the answer is the bot sensing what is under it's feet.

AreaRankDragon and Labyrenight like this.
  3. AreaRankDragon

AreaRankDragon Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Very interesting, I personally believe what you say is plausible since maybe calculating physics or anything while having to deal with negative and zero Y position values may complicate stuff a bit and so having the floor be slightly elevated is a good workaround, but in that case just having everything be elevated by a whole unit would make more sense, we won't really know the reason for this since we don't know how stuff work internally.
    Either way, bots' sensors under their feet always behave weirdly, I saw something a bit interesting while playing around with your level and I will demonstrate it later.
    Anyways, nice catch :thumbsup:

Labyrenight likes this.