1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Franken-Bots Silent Spinner Concept

Discussion in 'Game Behaviours' started by Soohaeib Afeef Hosen, Jul 25, 2024.

1. Soohaeib Afeef Hosen

Soohaeib Afeef Hosen Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently I've created a Spinner concept using motors and bots (any). In some variants the spinner can exceed the speed of a regular motor while remaining almost silent. Some variants can rotate to left and others to right. Some variants can rotate even in mid air and the others will drop and spin.
    Fabulous Spinner.png

Mechanism:

• A trapped bot between the base and the roof tries to stand, causing the structure to levitate.
    • Motors surrounding symmetrically (for smooth acceleration) to the trapped bot that will attempt to rotate but can't, resulting in the entire structure spining.
    • A bottom bot/ bottom motor, responsible for mobilizing the base where the trapped bot is standing to help it lavitate.
    Moving Directions:
    • The left-right and up-down direction depends on whether bottom bot/ bottom motor / roof motor/ roof metal block/ bottom (or top) motor with metal block is in use. Not all configuration will make it to spin.
    • Added weight also counts. As per variants 4.1 and 4.2, if weights added with base, it'll gravitate; but if added with the motors attached to the trapped bot it'll levitate.
    Spinner v1.1.png Spinner v2.1.png Spinner v2.2.png Spinner v3.1.png Spinner v3.2.png Spinner v4.1.png Spinner v4.2.png

Sensory Effect:

• The motors have a sensory effect that can stop the rotation or even reverse the direction. Here are some example demonstrations:
    Meko Park 1.png
    Meko Park 2.png

I might be wrong in some aspects, so I look forward to hearing from you. I'm especially seeking your explanation about the sensory effect.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2024
    MekaSage, EL797 and Michael Neily like this.
  2. Michael Neily

Michael Neily Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    It looks really very bewitching! I have seen few users who use a similar mechanism in their levels. I also used such mechanics, but not for lifting robots into the air, but for automatic ball throwing.

Soohaeib Afeef Hosen likes this.
  3. Soohaeib Afeef Hosen

Soohaeib Afeef Hosen Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Sorry, network in my area is so bad for a month now so I couldn't tell this earlier. Did you guys test the sensory effect?
    Can anyone explain this? I'm eager to know. :)