1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Level Management Move your progress to other device

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by RannyPantofel, Oct 5, 2016.

1. RannyPantofel

RannyPantofel New Member

Hi,

I just bought a new smartphone and want to move my progress from the old one to new - is this possible? I don't see such option - do I have to resolve all levels once again?

Best, Seb

2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thanks for your question and suggestion Seb.

No, it is not possible and, yes, you'll have to finish all the levels again - that is if you want the checkmark denoting completion for each. Otherwise, you're able to continue using the Mekorama app for all new levels. There is no requirement to finish the original 50 levels to play or design new ones. There are nearly 4,000 levels here now.

The reason is that the checkmark flag (computer science term) is stored on the device on which the level was completed. There is no cloud storage for this (yet). And since there is no cloud storage for any part of the game or ecosystem, I wouldn't hold your breath.

It's a great feature request that has been asked for by others as well. Maybe @Martin Magni will hear your request and stick it in his list of priorities. ;)

Happy playing!

RannyPantofel likes this.
  3. richardfu_

richardfu_ Retired Moderator and Featured Levels Manager

Levels:
    Albums:
    Tap on the very top of the page 10 times, and all levels will be shown! It's only temporary though.

Gepeto, cpw, RannyPantofel and 2 others like this.
  4. RannyPantofel

RannyPantofel New Member

Thanks much for your responses.

I like having done what I've already done :), and I like going back to some levels and resolve them few times - that's why I asked about ability to move progress to new device. The richardfu_'s tip is great and I can play any level right now.

You said about using cloud storage for syncing - it would be great, but maybe the export/import to a file on sd card is easier to implement? It would be good as well.

Thanks a lot once again,
    Seb

Frenzies likes this.
  5. cpw

cpw Retired Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    I actually played the original 50 levels thrice, first on my iPhone, then my iPad, and finally my iPod touch. :rolleyes: Most are easier than the user-created ones, but they showcased what could be done in the game really well, so I still enjoy playing them from time to time. :D

6. TR O

TR O Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    There are some software(similar to i tunes, don't know if Android device also have something like that)allow you to browse the system files of your device. Maybe some progress data of the mekorama app in your old device can be copied to your new device. Worth a shot if you don't want to play them all over.

Really :eek::eek:? I don't know man...I think the most of the 50 levels are boring=(. I chose to finish some and couldn't continue playing others anymore). So I started looking for more levels in the site. The funny thing is, when I just got here I thought the head of this forum is showing the greatest level of all time. It was so good that become the banner of the forum. Then I found "Another Universe"back then and thought that was it, you can see my noob comment there=P. Until I start playing those 50 levels again (many weeks after), realize that I'm a retard haha.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    cpw likes this.