1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Level Management Verified completion

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by Brd-Bot, May 26, 2016.

1. Brd-Bot

Brd-Bot New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    One element that should be added to the level creation system is some sort of verification of level completion. Much like in Mario Maker, something where the creator of the level needs to successfully complete it before the shareable QR code appears. I've posted the level "Failure" as an example. There have been some levels I have found and tried that simply appear to be unbeatable. Perhaps they are and I simply am missing something, but some sort of verification would be great.

Attached Files:

Sabik, Leo3065, Zeromus and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    As I wrote under your example, This isn't a flaw in the level creation system, that's by design...just add stairs. This is actually a flaw in the lack of curating uploaded levels for playability before allowing them to go public.

It should be up to the creator to play his/her own level to make sure that it is playable before ever uploading it at all. Why are creators embarrassing themselves by uploading something they haven't even tried to play themselves?

The programming that you suggest, only means that the creator doesn't have to play his own game. It is my opinion that if you create it, you should be required to play the nightmare yourself, and get your checkmark before you upload it. (After all, a card with a checkmark scans just as well as one without) That should considerably slow down the creation of "junk" levels

3. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    Personally, I'd like to see an automatic set of stairs added to the ground floor of every new level. That way if B falls off, he can get back up to his starting point without having to reload everything. For some levels, this could be a mini game in itself just trying to get back to the starting point… LOL

4. Brd-Bot

Brd-Bot New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm confused, because this sounds like the exact kind of thing I am suggesting. The creator should have to play their own level and beat it before the system creates the QR code for sharing. That would make it impossible for an unsolvable level to be uploaded. If you create it you should be required to beat it in order to share it with others. I think we agree or am I misunderstanding you?

5. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think I am the one who misunderstood. (Lack of sleep and heavy stress lately from my house being broken into, seem to be messing with my thought processes.) How I originally understood your post was that the app itself verifies that something is playable rather than a human element verifying that it's playable. I.e., programming that checks that a flag exists, for example, and that a proper path exists from the bot to the flag.