1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Using IMGUR to post cards

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by Meko Guy, May 19, 2023.

1. Meko Guy

Meko Guy Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Has anyone noticed that one can no longer direct link from IMGUR.COM to this forum? If you have found a work around, then I'd be interested in knowing your solution.

Just to clarify. I am able to post a photo on IMGUR and link too it like this one:
    [​IMG]
    but I can't to the same under the 'Add Level' section of this forum.

2. MekoMole

MekoMole Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Haven't used IMGUR so can't help but sounds similar to the start of the Photobucket saga which trashed a large proportion of boards world wide. Hopefully not as hot linking seems to still be available. Could this be an anti spam measure on the Mekorama side?

3. Meko Guy

Meko Guy Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @MekoMole - Thanks for the reply - linking to IMGUR to post a card still doesn't work - I've found an alternative site for now but I can't say how long that will last. As for anti spam - very possible as sites are always making changes.

@Gepeto - are you able to say if this issue is stemming from IMGUR side or this forum? TIA

4. Meko Guy

Meko Guy Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Strange - this issue went away just after I posted my above comment but today it is back.

@Gepeto - can you chime in on this? Why does the link work here [https://i.imgur.com/wFS5y4B.png] - see link spoiler but I can't use the link to post a card?
    [​IMG]

5. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    That's weird... There shouldn't be any difference between posting an IMGUR link here and elsewhere. I hope it's not relative to IMGUR itself. I have seen they've got some downgraded issue today : https://status.imgur.com/

MekoMole likes this.
  6. Meko Guy

Meko Guy Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Gepeto - Excellent find - thanks.

I've been using imgbb but yesterday AM they were off line so that wasn't good. Thanks to @Block builder, he recommended, Postimages.com. It isn't as easy to direct link as the cards get reduced but again, @Block builder found a work around which I'll use tomorrow.

7. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Ouch... If IMGUR is down sometime that's a lot of images of the forum that could be broken too. I myself used it exclusively...

8. Meko Guy

Meko Guy Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Understood - when I had a webpage - I would check daily for broken links and take action as required.