1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Organization "User Details" (such as usernames)

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by nGord, Sep 29, 2016.

1. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The question was asked whether a user can change their username. The short answer is no. Update: yes, yes I now can. :)

Here is what can be done. An administrator with the right permissions can do one of two things:
    1. Change the username for the individual; or
    2. Install a specific add-on to the XenForo platform that would allow users to change their own usernames (examples here).

Alas, I have not been afforded either of those permissions. @NeoCHI is the site owner and chief administrator.

A user who would absolutely want to have their username changed can request one of the following options:
    A. Ask @NeoCHI to do him/her the favour;
    B. Ask @NeoCHI to install one of the third-party add-ons that would allow users to change their own usernames; or
    C. Ask @NeoCHI to grant me (@nGord) the appropriate permission(s) to be able to help users who want their usernames changed.

If I've missed something or anyone has more comments or questions, please feel free to comment below.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    AelJerzhee, Logo, a220 and 2 others like this.
  2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Update (better late than never)!

I've been granted the permissions to view and edit Users - including their username, password (although I can't view it), and account status (meaning I can delete an account as well).

Feel free to send me a request if desired.

AelJerzhee likes this.