1. Psst! We just published some cool documents with tons of tips and secrets about both this forum and Mekorama. Whether you're just visiting, a new member, or have been with us for a while, we're sure you'll find them useful. So far we have Welcome_to_MekoramaForum.pdf, Introduction_to_Mekorama.pdf, and How_to_Share_a_Mekorama_Level.pdf. Find them all in this forum thread:

Everything you have always wanted to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi. This yellow notice is called a system notice. You can click on the tab of each (at the bottom right) to stop and read them. They can also be dismissed by clicking on the 'X' (in the top right corner). From time to time we may refresh them (make them visible again) as a reminder to all the members. And if you ever want to read one that has been dismissed, you can do so via this thread in the Announcements forum. Thank you for respecting them!
    Dismiss Notice

Franken-Bots The Eagle

Discussion in 'Game Behaviours' started by Gepeto, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect, Backup Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This thread is much more intended to @richardfu_ as it is based on his level The Eagle. Indeed anyone could have the answer. I didn't want to flood the level with this point so here is the subject...

It is first a question from my son who loves Richardfu's eagle and wants to mimic it. But he has found an issue on his path and asked me: "Dad! How is it that my eagle is not the same than Richarfu? (yes he knows your name...) So I've checked and didn't have an answer.

So here is what he did in creator mode...
    [​IMG]

... and what he found in game mode:
    [​IMG]
    Despite it doesn't seem to affect the behavior it is disturbing as you (Richard) didn't seem to have the problem in your level.

I've seen once that @meko pointed out this problem somewhere but I haven't heard that there is a solution to that.

Thanks for any tips!

2. cpw

cpw Head Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Does it have to do with the default direction that B is facing? I'm sure it does for R bots (when attached to a metal block) but not sure about B. :confused:

Gepeto likes this.
  3. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hmm... weird. I also heard about this (that B's head rotates 90°) from @meko, but it doesn't seem to happen on my device. Maybe it only happens on certain devices and @richardfu_'s is one of the exceptions?

4. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    Oh... So maybe it is about the OS? I only have Android devices and it happens too on my mobile phone. I remember Richardfu plays on iPad. What about you guys?

5. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    OK. Nice clue @cpw! I have changed the direction of B to the default one and the problem doesn't appear anymore. So that's all about that. Good to know. Thanks.

cpw likes this.
  6. richardfu_

richardfu_ Featured Levels Manager Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @cpw is right. It only works when B is facing bottom left. It has to do with the bot head spin bug.

Rohan Kumar, cpw and Gepeto like this.
  7. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    It has a whole algorithm begind it...and the rotating of B's head depends on the direction it is facing in the creation mode....i first observed it in @Sunny Sunset 's my favorite bugs 2....and I think I have devised all the cases.....if you say I can post all the possibilities here....

8. Frince

Frince Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Do b skate?

Attached Files: