1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Teeter Totter?

Discussion in 'Level Creation Help' started by ZachMan, Aug 2, 2016.

1. ZachMan

ZachMan New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm looking for ideas on how to use a tilting plane to restrict movement. I think it would be great if we could get a path that only works in one direction or only works once. Take a look at the level I made based on this concept. As long as you get the switch done very early, it is no problem. If you take too long, there is no (easy) way to beat the level. The plane wouldn't stay stable enough to use late in the board so I put in the switch to ensure stability. I'm interested to see what you folks come up with. It could be a design challenge if anyone wants to go there.

Attached Files:

2. ZachMan

ZachMan New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Update: I found another very interesting use for the tilting plane. In general, you can't make the yellow bot walk up an angle. With this method, you can (a little) but you can still get him to the higher planes.

Attached Files:

3. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hmm, not sure what you were attempting with these two levels. The first one I solved without any tilting planes and the second seemed too onerous to understand your question. I'm wondering if you're familiar with The Chasm by Richardfu_ (http://mekoramaforum.com/media/the-chasm.2583/) and whether that is what you had in mind. Cheers.

4. ZachMan

ZachMan New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I changed the first level a bit so that it worked more consistently and you could see what I was playing with more readily. I looked at The Chasm, but that was not really what I was looking for though I can see a similarity in concept. Thanks for the reference.