1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Stopping by to say hi

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gamer Mom, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Gamer Mom

Gamer Mom New Member

Hello, I just joined in hopes of finding more levels for my son; who absolutely loves Mekorama. He completed all of the levels about 2 years ago (at the age of 4) and has been replaying them all over and over again since then. In fact, he replays all the levels so much that he will be looking at me (not at the screen), while talking to me and at the same time, still navigating the level and solves it without even looking at the screen. He wants a YouTube channel so he can create and post video tutorials on each level to help others. I'm kind of borderline with my decision to allow him due to the fact that he's 6 years old. Is that too young for a YouTube account? Still deciding and would probably need to figure out how to record games with voiceover on an iPad. Any suggestions on a good app or method to use?

EL797 likes this.
  2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi @Gamer Mom, welcome to the forum!

Nice of you to say hi and join us. The peak of parents coming by was three years ago, but their memories live on. I would recommend checking out this thread: https://mekoramaforum.com/threads/levels-for-kids-or-by-kids.379/

The bulk of the new levels being uploaded depend in an understanding of how we've found ways to manipulate the physics engine behind the game. As our discoveries evolved, one the best (if not the best) creator that introduced these "tricks" in a way that we can both enjoy the level and learn the trick was @richardfu. You can find his levels here: https://mekoramaforum.com/media/users/richardfu.16/

Note that the Levels section of this site has uploads sorted chronologically. Thus to start at the beginning you'll need to go to the oldest (last) page.

As for recording tools, someone else may be able to help you better. But to answer your other question about YouTube, I don't think there is any harm in starting too early as long as parental oversight is maintained. May also be a good idea to turn off the ability for the public to comment on videos. Luckily the majority of people associated with this game have been very kind people. Then there are some teenagers that think it's cool to use crass language as there are everywhere. Anyway, you may not have heard, but Google has recently announced a new version of YouTube just for kids that you may be interested in checking out: https://www.youtube.com/kids/

Have fun!

Zedket and Źàiď like this.
  3. Patranak32

Patranak32 Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hello welcome to our forum there are a lot of levels in kid stuff.