1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Level Management Share cards with the checkmark

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by Sibevin Wang, Jun 11, 2016.

What do you think about a sharing card with the checkmark?

1. I really want it and it should be a default sharing behavior.

28.6%
  2. Maybe an option to decide showing it or not?

14.3%
  3. Don't do that, I prefer a clear card.

14.3%
  4. lt should be in the high-priority todo list.

21.4%
  5. It is not so important, do other feature first.

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Sibevin Wang

Sibevin Wang Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    For now, when we finish a level creation and win this level after testing it, a checkmark is appeared on the card. It's great because it shows the level is a winnable game.

The checkmark is an important message to tell players that this masterpiece not only has a good look but also a great puzzle to challenge. For a difficult level, the checkmark also proves that it's possible to solve.

But the current sharing feature only capture the card itself and the checkmark is not included. If I want to show the card with the checkmark, I need do a screenshot by myself...

2. clorox

clorox Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think that editor improvements are more important to Mekorama's future.

3. Sibevin Wang

Sibevin Wang Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I know the editor improvement is very important but it's also a big task. The implementation of sharing card with the checkmark is easier to achieve.

4. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I believe there may be a fundamental problem to achieving this as playing a level in the editor may not always be entirely identical to playing it in the normal fashion. For example, a level creator (designer) can play a level from the last angle of view he/she was working with, whereas in the regular play mode the angle of view is always the initial one from the editor when the level was first being created. This could give speed advantages for example.

Rather than putting the onus on @Martin Magni, perhaps it should be made a rule for this forum that only solvable levels can be uploaded and those who break the rule be warned and/or eventually banned.

Another reason not to force the issue of the checkmark is that there could be several cases where the designer may want to share a card for other purposes. For example, it's a partial design or something they want to share with a friend. Granted, in this case, the card in your suggestion would not have a checkmark and that is OK too.

I, for one, simply like the clean card image as it is.

Chuckthulhu likes this.
  5. Chuckthulhu

Chuckthulhu Spanish Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    As a personal practice, I like uploading the export version and using the forum's features I change the thumbnail to the screenshot with the checkmark from the scannable levels, not the editor (I scan my own levels and play them to have the player's experience). Since the screenshot will have a lower resolution it's ok to use it as a thumbnail and that way the original card will be on the level with a better resolution and quality.
    It takes more work but I've noticed that most users haven't even noticed which leads me to believe that when you see the thumbnail with the checkmark you probably already think that it is a winnable level and when you scan it from the original you don't notice that it is a different image, so as long as we keep the "rule" of uploading the same card for the thumbnail and the "original" (meaning not editing the level after the screenshot is taken...) I like the practice because you're both indicating that it is winnable and keeping the integrity of the original export.

Frenzies and nGord like this.