1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Saying 'hi'

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by D.S.Masters, Aug 1, 2016.

1. D.S.Masters

D.S.Masters Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Levels:
    Albums:
    Okay, I guess I haven't properly introduced myself here... my name is David Masters, and I've been computer gaming since 1982. My first computer ever was a Tandy (Radio Shack) CoCo2 (color computer 2), which you hooked up to your TV. Games consisted of cartridges which you shoved into the machine, or you could make your own in BASIC and save on tape casette... yeah, old school. I've been hacking games since then, including old 4 color and 16 color games with Assembly and C (give yourself 99 Sword +16 in Bard's Tale or whatever).

My real claim to fame with level making comes from Railroad Tycoon 2 and Zeus / Poseidon - I am literally a world-acknowleged expert with those; when PopTop came out with RT2 Platinum, they bought scenarios from some of the most prolific level makers, including 6 of mine at $50 each, which was dang nice. I've made over 150 scenarios for Zeus / Poseidon, including one ("Tributaries") that was called 'the benchmark test of player abilities', hard enough that I had to do an easier version. My "Ladies Night" scenarios are also quite popular, though they push the PG limits of the forums and the game. I also worked with a couple of people tofix and update the shaders for Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy... you can find my work for any of those games listed under 'Nightwolf' and 'ChernyVolk' (Russian for 'black wolf').

Not that any of that matters here - I picked up Mekorama about 3 weeks ago, and I've done all the levels that came with it, though some I had to go online and look up the solution. In addition, I've got 22 levels saved from these forums, from all sorts of people. I'm just a newbie here, and I guess I'll learn. :)

Astral_Mage likes this.
  2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @D.S.Masters I started out with an Odyssey II. ;)

Like you, I started out with this game about three weeks ago. I have never and will never look up a solution though. Unlikely you'll find solutions to puzzles found here on YouTube unless Martin Magni features them (and he's apparently on a well deserved vacation right now after picking his first 50 favourites). The level creators are all a great bunch that like to give a hand though.

That being said, if ever you want a hint or a solution or just find a really hard puzzle, ping me in the comments for that level by using @ nGord without the space after the @. I love a good challenge. Also, remember to use the + icon to embed a spoiler button if you're ever going to share level completion information. Oh, and rate levels only after you complete them please.

Welcome to the community! :cool:

3. Astral_Mage

Astral_Mage Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Welcome to the forums @D.S.Masters !

I'm glad to meet a veteran in level making, I'm also new here & before I discovered Mekorama I used to build game maps for MCPE as well, but never accomplished anything big :D

anyway, its nice having you around, looking forward to try out your creations :3

4. B Hill

B Hill Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Welcome @D.S.Masters
    Yes I am looking forward to see what you can create. The level elements are simple, but there are some crazy combinations and weird physics that make it interesting.

5. Stiff Steve

Stiff Steve New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Seems like a big family here. Hi everyone. I'm new too. I'm a writer when not playing Mekorama. =] Please give my one and only map a try if possible! xD

6. Adiorama

Adiorama Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi welcome