1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Various Requisites on next Update

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by DEVIL, Dec 13, 2016.

1. DEVIL

DEVIL Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    If there is a next update in process for Mekorama, following are the things that I personally feel needs to be in that update. This is in the perspective of Level designing and not as a player perspective.

1. “UNDO” Button in Create level section

If you are more into creating levels rather than playing one, than you might have thought about it atleast once while in the process of designing a level, hence this request is a must have in our next update.

2. QR Code Editor

With QR codes we are facing a lot of difficulties, such as the QR code being unreadable, the starting viewpoint of the game not being what had been expected, also need for duplication of QR code so that mechanism of one level can be copied to another without losing the process of the prior. All these can be solved if Mekorama has its own QR code editor.

3. Metal Wedge

While designing a level I personally have felt the need for a Metal Wedge so that when it is attached to a Slider or a Motor the wedge becomes movable which is not the case now.

4. Controlled Water

The current properties of Water are that it covers from start to end of a designed level. But sometimes we would want the water to cover a certain areas only which currently cannot be done.

5. Slider Update: (Freeflow Movement)

Well Sliders are great asset in designing a level, but won’t it be great if the slider could move around in the direction we wanted it to, rather than moving in a fixed direction.

Most of the above points would have been discussed in different forums, but I wanted to have a separate list of all the things I am looking forward in the next update. ;)

2. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yep... Not the first time this request is made :)

I don't know what you mean by QR code editor in the app. There only 2 cases where the QR Code is unreadable:
    1. the code is pixelized by jpeg compression. No application can read it in fact. An exportation from the in-game feature in PNG format is always the best.
    2. the code is too small in the frame. That's where another app is able to manage it where the game fails to read. That's true that the game should managed it better, but maybe that's about the library used to read it which fails?
    Currently there's several hidden blocks that aren't usable apart from a hack (such as the metal stairs introduced by @meko in its Mini Mini Maze II). I have desperatly searched for a metal wedge in the QR code possibilities with no luck :( That would be great but I am not sure it is planed.

Astral_Mage, meko and nGord like this.
  3. Astral_Mage

Astral_Mage Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    We can all agree with the undo button *thumbs up*

Controllable water placing isn't that necessary but would be a nice touch, +1 here.

Chuckthulhu and DEVIL like this.
  4. DEVIL

DEVIL Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    1. What I meant was the ability to change the starting viewpoint of the game must be applicable for the creators within the game.

5. PvB

PvB Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Good idea of undo button.

6. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    At least in the web builder the Undo/Redo feature is available Ctrl+Z shortcut :rolleyes:

PvB likes this.
  7. PvB

PvB Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think the shadow on/off button also make game interesting.
    The shadow button useful for no hidden level in my opinion.
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  8. laurence.gr

laurence.gr Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I also like an option that lets us import levels that we have created in Mekorama Studio into the app so we can continue editing the level there.

rsa92 likes this.