1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Other mobile games with level editors?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Ludo Friend, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Ludo Friend

Ludo Friend Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Please don't get me wrong. My obsession with Mekorama is stronger than ever. It's my favorite mobile game without a doubt. I'm just curious if other mobile games have level editors as good as and/or different from the one in Mekorama? I know of plenty outside the mobile arena (N+, Little Big Planet, WarioWare D.I.Y., Minecraft, Super Mario Maker...), but I like the smallness, convenience, and low cost of games on my phone. Any knowledge about other noteworthy level editors would be greatly appreciated, even if they're not for mobile!

2. cpw

cpw Retired Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm curious about that too. What's really great about Mekorama is the ability to create our own new content, which keeps the players active even without an update :D

Ludo Friend likes this.
  3. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Minecraft can be played on mobile :rolleyes: (well, the Pocket Edition). Geometry Dash is also a good game (although not really that online), and the full version has a level editor. I really hope more games use that feature. Mekroama hasn't had an update in months, but I still love it because of that (as @cpw stated).

P.S. I moved the thread to the Lounge because I thought it would be more appropriate here, as we are talking about other mobile games. Let me know if you disagree (talking to everyone viewing this post). :)

HackedUp and Ludo Friend like this.
  4. Ludo Friend

Ludo Friend Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This discussion fits better in the lounge for sure. I should have thought to put it here. Anyway, thanks for pointing out Geometry Dash and the Pocket Edition of Minecraft. I'll check them out! :)

Frenzies likes this.
  5. Mekob_123

Mekob_123 Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
  6. Fetuchynni

Fetuchynni Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Once I found one called "Team Run", the editor is easy to understand after some time.

7. EL797

EL797 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think so far Brawl Stars' editor function is the best (even better than Mekorama's). I love how Brawl Stars has a 'mirror mode' that lets you build stuff symmetrically, like if you are building things on the left-hand side, the same things will appear on the right-hand side. This is extremely useful as it saves so much time in repetitive processes considering Brawl Star's map is much bigger than Mekorama's. In my opinion, Mekorama can also have this function for people (like @Denis Nazin) who like creating a symmetrical design for their levels.

Brawl Star's creative mode also allows your to invites your friends to play your map, and if your friends like it, they can vote for it. With enough votes, your map can be presented to the public so that all people can acknowledge your creation. This function is more or less the same as our forum's Levels section.

Aside from Brawl Stars, Love Balls and Supreme Duelist Stickman also have this function, but I've never tried them myself.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2023