1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - App Older mobile devices - issues?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by Sunny Sunset, Jun 5, 2016.

Do you have an older mobile device?

1. Yes (please post model below)

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I have a 64 GB iPad 3 fully updated to I OS 9.3, and I have some weird issues. I have been told recently that these issues are due to my older device. (note that not everyone can afford to spend a mortgage payment just to upgrade their mobile device, so this is important for as long as Apple supports these older iPads)

See my post for a description of sluggishness here:

http://mekoramaforum.com/media/water-works-by-brd-bot.337/

Not only do I have problems with sluggishness when there is a lot of motors and movable blocks but I also have situations where I can't move the tube on the rail that I should be able to move.

Here is one example:
    http://mekoramaforum.com/media/lostheaven-png.604/#comment-1023

And with this one, I cannot swing the piece on the moving rail:
    Http://mekoramaforum.com/media/mind-your-head.669/#comment-1170
    Same issue... Previous comment for this level may have been deleted.
    http://mekoramaforum.com/media/mind-your-head-passed.680/

So between the sluggishness, and the swinging of movable parts, ball games are utterly impossible for me to do because nothing moves smooth enough to control the bats properly, if at all.

Oh, and I cannot move a ball with a yellow bot. Yellow bots do not push balls, they can't affect the movement of a ball… And I'm being told that again that it is an issue with my older device.

I also seem to have problems scanning cards. Quite a few cards actually. Usually I can get around it by enlarging the QR code. But sometimes I can't.

Currently unable to scan either of the ones called. "Meteor Land"

To be fair a lot of times I have said I can't scan something and somebody else is agreed. But one of the moderators has told me that he thinks it's because of my iPad, that he has had no problems with scans.

Are all of these related to my iPad 3?
    Or is it something else? And I'm just stupider than I think I am?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  2. Drave

Drave New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The game being sluggish is certainly because it's an older device. Problems with scanning may be because the map is big (the qr code has more things in the same amount of space thus becoming smaller), in which case enlarging It is ideal. If that doesn't work the photo may have crappy resolution, only the one that posted it can solve that. The ball being hard to move with a bot... that's pretty much how it is, the hit box of things in the game may have small variations depending on how it's moved. This may cause a ball or a steel piece that's loose to move a bit.

3. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Are you able to swing the arm in mind your head?

I am also failing with "monorail escape 2" by retrograde. Odd behaviour that is not working the way he says it does, because I can't move smoothly with an old device.

4. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm unable to scan the water works stage. It doesn't appear in my downloads when I download it, and when I screenshot it, it wouldn't scan. After that, I cropped it to show only the card, without the time of my phone and everything. Still didn't work

5. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, running Android 6.0.1

No problems scanning or running. This includes Meteor Land.

To test your ball-rolling capability, send the yellow bot straight up to the brick cube below:
    [​IMG]

The only bug (true bug, not exploit) I've encountered is when i sometimes replay a puzzle instead of running again from the library:
    [​IMG]
    .. But i think this is a bug in the underlying software from which mekorama is built, nothing that Martin can do anything about.

And maybe a slight difference in the running speed between a "live" puzzle and one in the puzzle editor: slightly slower in the editor, hardly noticeable except when timing is essential (like running to a block that is in transit).

Hope this helps
    :)