1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - Other MekoStudio 3D Builder - not working

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by Black1226, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Black1226

Black1226 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I realize that the 3D builder requires a cursor and mouse, but can you use a convertible Android operating system (tablet) with a detachable keyboard, which mimics a laptop when in place? Or is the builder based on a Windows OS? I attempted to use the keyboard configuration using the center mouse pad to move the cursor, but it doesn't seem to recognize my setup. Any thoughts? Nothing urgent, mostly curious. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
  2. Block builder

Block builder MekoStudio Helper

Levels:
    Albums:
    Gepeto has recently made many changes to the 3D Builder. Almost anything can now be done with a few menu buttons on the right-hand side of the screen. Given that your device is powerful enough, this makes the 3D Builder usable from touch devices. Since the 3D Builder is web-based (used in a browser), it is independent of which OS you may be using.

Concerning your convertible Android question, I have no idea, don't have such a device. But I would say it should be possible.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
  3. Black1226

Black1226 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thanks, Block builder! I'll try again with just the touchscreen and see how it works. I appreciate your quick response.

4. Azka Fauzan Firdaus

Azka Fauzan Firdaus Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I've been used it on my marshmallow device (6.0 android) by chrome browser and touchscreen only, and it's definitely works.

Gepeto likes this.
  5. laurence.gr

laurence.gr Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi @Black1226, so your device has a dual OS? I think most browsers designed to run on Windows would handle and operate better with Mekostudio. I use an updated version of a browser that we've been talking about along with Windows where Mekostudio is way more responsive than when used with other browsers. I would recommend closing other tabs on your browser while working in Mekostudio, disable browser add-ons, and close other running apps.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  6. Black1226

Black1226 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Laurence, my device has only one OS - android 6.0. It has a detachable keyboard, thereby allowing!the use of a cursor and mousepad, but when attached, one can operate the tablet via the keyboard OR the touchscreen, or both. When detached, it is simply a touchscreen tablet.

The available memory is nowhere near 2GB. Please see a new conversation regarding this subject as it pertains to my operating bsystem Thanks!

7. laurence.gr

laurence.gr Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Oh, now I see. I'm thinking of another device.