1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - App Mekorama migration to new device?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by MekaSage, Jul 27, 2021.

1. MekaSage

MekaSage Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Does anyone know if it's possible to migrate the level cards I created in the build tab to a new device in a way that I can still edit them in the new device? I plan to get a new phone soon and I don't want to lose the "in progress" levels I've been building.

2. cimarronline

cimarronline Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Sorry, I don't think that can be done (without "rooting" the phone). Mekostudio builder can import levels for editing, though that doesn't support L-bots yet.

3. MekaSage

MekaSage Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the info, @cimarronline . I guess I better get to finishing all the half-finished levels I have started!

4. fire_rabbit

fire_rabbit Member

Levels:
    As I know there is only one APP called 'Helium backup' may export/import data between 2 Android devices. The data can even been transferred to an emulated android(I did that into my CM 14.1 running on VMware workstation 16) from a phone. However the Helium app won't work at some devices and it has stopped upgrade for years. Besides there is a rumor the new Android(12 or 13+) will abandon ADB backup mechanisms, meaning tools like the Helium and another one made by one showing off at the XDA forum will dead totally.

MekaSage likes this.
  5. MekaSage

MekaSage Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thanks for the suggestion! Luckily when I upgraded phones it was from Samsung to Samsung and the phone transfer feature managed to preserve all my previously built Mekorama levels. However I may try your suggestion because it would be nice to be able to move them to an emulator like you mentioned.