1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Various/Other Mekorama Exploits Research

Discussion in 'Game Behaviours' started by Scare Crow, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hello guys,the very reason for creating this thread is that sometimes when we come across a bug we research more and more on it to find all the details to use it as an exploit......but sometimes we miss a few......if you find a bug and think that can be used as an exploit.....and if you think there could be minor complications while using it as an exploit feel free to post it in this thread so that all of us can collectively research and develop the exploit for further use eliminating the complications as far as possible

2. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Recently I came across an exploit on zappers in the level "The road not taken"(http://mekoramaforum.com/media/the-road-not-taken.3690/)......here...when the zappers were made horizental facing each other and B was made to walk on the combination such that it would take 2 turns just prior to stepping over the zappers....it didnot get zapped......in other cases it qould be...."the not getting zapped concept" is basically based on 2 facts
    1)the bot taking 2 turns just prior to stepping on the zapper combination(which can be achieved by placing the bot in any of the side columns in the level "the road not taken"
    2)Bending of the bot so that it walks on the base of the zapper when it is horizental. The bending is achieved by the taking of 2 turns just prior to stepping on the zappers.....so if the bending is restricted(by placing blocks near the places where the bot takes turns or at the side of the zapper combination(i.e a draggable placed at the side of the motor so that when the zappers are horizental the draggable faces up.....this narrows down the path for B forcing it to step into the zapper)the bot gets zapped else it would reach the other side safely walking ocer the horizental zapper combination.....
    However,recently @nGord observed another case where the bot doesnot get zapped Screenshot_2016-09-05-10-40-16.png In this level when the bot is placed at any point behind the grass blocks on the right side and then tapped to move to the other side head on without taking any sharp turns.....it reaches there safely......this is an exception to my theory....if you come across any other exceptions you are most welcome to post a reply here...:)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    QuantumForce, trids and nGord like this.
  3. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Also, on the other side: after gets over safely, he can't return safely

Wait a sec... That seems to be intermittent
    :confused:

4. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Did you observe it in my level or in nGrod's

5. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I had another doubt about sliders
    Case-1)<=5 sliders attached to a draggable- Mechanism functions normal
    Case-2)6 sliders attached to a draggable-Mechanism vibrates violently if the draggable is slightly displaced,within a range of 4 blocks
    Case-3)>=7 sliders attached to a draggable-Mechanism disappears immidiately if the draggable is slightly displaced(this case was discovered by @Andi Ir Ir and used in his levels)
    The numbers may slightly vary if the mass of the mechanism is large
    Would this be helpful if included in the tutorials thread

6. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Ha ha ha...another new discovery... If B steps onto the zapper of a zapper bot just before it begins to rotate.....then it doesnot get zapped for a very long time(i.e.until the zapper bot takes another turn) and can travel over the zapper bot safely....see this in action here(http://mekoramaforum.com/media/the-magical-pond.3704/ )REMEMBER-TIMING IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!.....STEP ON IT JUST BEFORE IT STARTS TO ROTATE!!!.....play the level and rate it guys if you like it

Attached Files:

S. Nagy and trids like this.
  7. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    It seems that the stunt can also be performed without water....but water seems to widen the time limit of stepping on the R bot.....so that the frequency of B getting zapped decreases very significantly

trids likes this.
  8. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This one above by @nGord

9. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Oh....thank you for the information :)

10. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Scare Crow I like your The Magical Pond. It's like an extension of @trids 's Tutorial 3. You should/could mention on both the Tutorials thread and Tutorial 3 that you found a way to extend the affect of not getting zapped during a 90° and point to your new level. :)

trids and Scare Crow like this.
  11. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    This concept is also valid for 180° and 270° turns.....the zapper bot stops a short interval of time after each turn......for 180° turns step onto the bot immidiately after it stops after the 90° turn and for 270° turns step onto the bot immidiately after it stops after the 180° turn.....then the B bot can safely travel over the zapper bot until it takes a turn again

nGord likes this.
  12. richardfu_

richardfu_ Retired Moderator and Featured Levels Manager

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think you should make sure you're not misled by randomness of the game before you draw the conclusions. I don't think water would have any effect on the gameplay.

13. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    You may be right...but I just posted what I observed.....:)....well lemme conduct some more experiments...... If your words prove to be correct I shall change the post:) but as far as computer programs are considered i always go with "No matter however random things may seem there is always a pattern"

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  14. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The Case-2 of this post can be successfully used to teleport a bot through an obstracle for real....see this in action here(http://mekoramaforum.com/media/pass-through-walls.3733/)

15. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Sunny Sunset I don't "research" bugs to the extent ya'll do, but I try to stay aware of them for my own nefarious purposes, and give them descriptive names when I run across them.

I guess you could say there are 3 bugs (so far) that allow you to move through walls. The "Pass Through Walls" or PTW series of bugs includes:

1. Glue bug… Where he sticks to a lever as it's moved forward and backward, and stretches to absurd lengths, while you fling him back and forth through a vertical wall. Not only can he pass through a wall, but you can make him land on top of it, if you're really careful to let go of the lever at the right time. May use either a slider or motor or a combination of both, plus a draggable. (Unknown if this works vertically through a floor.)
    http://mekoramaforum.com/media/my-favorite-bugs-2.2043/ (I don't remember the original I got it from, but I think it was called High Dive?)

2. Teleport bug... Where the bot magically, and often randomly, appears somewhere else on another side of a wall...can happen automatically or when a special segment is touched. (Case#2 above - 6 sliders+draggable)
    Horizontal teleport (controlled): http://mekoramaforum.com/media/ufo-plane-bug.3706/
    Vertical teleport (random): http://mekoramaforum.com/media/pass-through-walls.3733/

3. Quantum bug... Where you have to physically force a bot, or a wooden (brown) block, through a wooden (brown) wall into a solid area (tiny hands and feet poking out of the solid, flailing in desperation for help) but the bot might pop back out instead, if he is not attached to anything, like a pipe. Requires a motor. (can this be done with the slider?)
    http://mekoramaforum.com/media/bug-report-passing-through.3619/ ( see the additional examples on this page)

And a related one to the Teleport bug (it uses a similar mechanism but with different results):

4. TARDIS bug. This one makes things, and sometimes bots, totally disappear into another time and relative dimension in space....now you see it, now you don't. Sometimes seen just on the card…but not when you open it. Often triggered by touch, but can happen automatically just by a combination of blocks touching themselves. Often accompanied by an odd, continuous pulsing sound that lets you know something happened but you might not know just what. (Case#3 above - 7+ sliders+draggable)
    Touch-triggered: http://mekoramaforum.com/media/doctor-who-is-no-fool.1398/ (inspired by the sound in Slider Ball by @bagaynana)
    Automatic: (help me out...and I will edit this message and add it here)

I'm still trying to figure out how to re-create the Quantum bug. If you will pardon the pun, that one escapes me.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    MekaSage and Scare Crow like this.
  16. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Scare Crow How about these names for the "No Zap" series of bugs?
    1. B 2-Turn Step bug
    2. Bending Bot Step bug (not to be confused with the Launch Bot)
    3. Step Before Z Turns bug

Scare Crow likes this.
  17. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Sunny Sunset lol...cool names:p...and...THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFORMATION YOU HAVE SHARED!!!....:)

18. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yes, there is a pattern involved:

Every block that supports an automatic motion can be implicated in a bug somewhere.

The PTW bugs involve draggables and sliders, and 2 involve a motor

The NZ bugs involve another block that uses automatic motion… The zapper top itself

The Bots themselves are the epitome of automatic motion ... Boogie bot, Launch bot, Scary Dark, Rubberband Bot's...etc... All involve something that relates to the automatic motion of the bot.

So, there's your pattern.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Scare Crow likes this.
  19. Sunny Sunset

Levels:
    Albums:
    If water has an automatic motion, and apparently it does, because it can have ripples, then I don't doubt that it can also affect the length of time needed with the zapper.

And again, we have a situation of a block with an automatic motion being implicated in a bug.

Scare Crow likes this.
  20. Scare Crow

Scare Crow Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Sunny Sunset THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR SUPPORTING MY THEORY.... @richardfu_ after you posted the doubt I conducted a plethora of experiments and every time got the same result which is "water increases the 'not getting zapped' time period"......so now I am kind of confirmed that my theory is correct