1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - App I lost a level, but I have the QR code

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by lichtfuerlau, Nov 2, 2016.

1. lichtfuerlau

lichtfuerlau Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Oh no. What happens to my unfinished level? I deleted it. :( It was my mistake. But is it possible to reactivate a deleted level? Notice, the level is saved as uneditable card.

2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Can you please tell me more about what you mean in your bold text?

Since there is no way to upload a level to the editor and no way to make backups, I'm afraid your level may be lost. But the fact that you may have a visual copy of the QR code (or something else as I don't know what you mean by your text) may allow us to help you somewhat.

Any chance you can take a screenshot of what you see and use the upload a file option here to share it with us?

3. lichtfuerlau

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thx for quick response. pump-station 4826 This level is lost as editable levelcard. ( uneditable ~ not editable )

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  4. nGord

Levels:
    Albums:
    @lichtfuerlau Sorry, I'm still not fully understanding your problem. I've never had that error message. I'm assuming you received this in the app? Is there a chance you can share a picture of the error message? There is a turquoise button below the text entry box of a reply message that is called "Upload a File" that you can use.

[​IMG]

Do you know what may have caused the error message to occur? Do you remember what you did last to the level?

If you're talking about the Pump Station level that you linked to, then I am able to scan and play that level. But you said that you deleted it. I checked your media page and it is still listed. Which means that you probably deleted from your Level Editor (MAKE LEVELS page in the app). But you called it "unfinished." Thus I am confused.

Können Sie bitte mit einem Bild der Fehlermeldung antworten?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  5. lichtfuerlau

Levels:
    Albums:
    There are one or two little things I would do. Nothing important changes. But this gives me an intension of "unfished".

Exactly, I deleted the level after upload.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  6. nGord

Levels:
    Albums:
    OK, I understand. Normally I would say that you're out of luck. That there is nothing that can be done except start building the level all over again. @meko recently lost his device and thus all the work he's done along with 35 levels that were yet not published. This limitation will likely never be improved and everyone will just have to be more careful. You have my sympathy.

In your case, since you still have most of the level already encoded in a QR code, there might be some hope. It will depend on how desperately you want to make those small changes and how much time someone would like to spend to help you. You see, it just so happens that three people have figured out how to decode the QR code: @QuantumForce @Gepeto and @LarsH . Since you have the near-perfect level QR code, you could try asking them to decode your QR code, insert a block or two into the block matrix, and then re-encode a new QR code. The QR code also includes the card title and author - meaning that those could be updated as well. The difficult part would be to communicate in extreme detail exactly what new block(s) you'd want in what orientation and in what 16x16x16 spot in the level space. It would have to be done at the hex-code level (as we do not have a visual editor).

7. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Interesting case. I'd like to take it as a challenge ;).

Actually, from the QR Code, if there's not a lot of changes I am able to replace any part of the 3D representation manually. I am thinking about something else for future but that's all I can do for the moment.

That could be a bit technical so let just start by telling me exactly what you want to do if possible (which block do you want to change, by what, etc.) Do not hesitate to post screenshots if it helps.

8. lichtfuerlau

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thank you for this offer. I'll give you the details next hours.

Today I made the same mistake with this level. pinball.4889
    Grrrmph:mad: Here is only changing winbox position very necessary cause the player is able to win without active playing. Please cut off the rail and put the winbox directly on motor. Thx . Sry I cannot explain why this failure happens to me so often. Sometimes my finger is at wrong position.

[​IMG]

9. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    OK. For the Pinball level, I have just replaced the previous win block by a curved rail then added a new win block. Tell me if that meets your expectations
    [​IMG]
    Next level :)
    By the way, I wasn't able to solve your level... :(

10. lichtfuerlau

Levels:
    Albums:
    In my opinion your version is impossible to win the game. What I mean is this ... Before deleting I solved it several times.:) (the trick is to rotate the winblock) Sometimes the ball doesn't move. But it makes fun playing with two balls at same time.
    [​IMG]

There is one more prob with handling the flipper. I guess this solution works better.
    [​IMG]
    THX for your help.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  11. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    Here it is:
    [​IMG]

Frenzies likes this.
  12. lichtfuerlau