1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

General Discussion How many hours a day do you spend with Mekorama?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by gmacpro, Jan 8, 2017.

1. gmacpro

gmacpro Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm glad that I'm retired as I spend the majority of my day playing levels and tinkering with level ideas. My answer would be 5 hours.

2. Chuckthulhu

Chuckthulhu Spanish Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    Most of my waking hours actually... :oops:
    When I'm not playing or creating levels, I'll probably be chatting on the Mekorama Discord server or checking the forum, so even though I'm not actively participating on every platform all day, I'll be checking every now and then...

rsa92, cpw, Gepeto and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gunnel

Gunnel Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Maybe one hour a day, perhaps more. First I look for today's featured level at FB, then I try to solve it. If it is a hard one I have to try many times during the day. If it is an easy level I can look for some interesting levels on Mekoramaforum and try them! I enjoy this better than sudoku or crosswords! There are many fantastic levels on this forum to discover! Thank you for sharing!

4. KingDinner

KingDinner New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I spend most of my hours on Mekorama. Lord Double X used to have a "My Talking Tom," but when I introduced him to Mekorama, he neglected it, and ended up "selling it for FNAF 2.

5. Lord Double X

Lord Double X New Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    13 at least for one day

Oh and yes i did sell my cat for FNAF 2 and i and i sold FNAF 2 for Final Fantasy

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2017
  6. QuantumForce

QuantumForce Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    :eek:

7. delator77

delator77 Famous Member

Jajajaja, a good question ... Every day about 3 or 4 hours ... Even so the pace of creating levels is greater than my ability to solve them ... a matter of time jajaja... I think I'll start to be more selective and to choose levels recommended by experts in Mekorama ...You know,the time is gold:)

rsa92 and Chuckthulhu like this.
  8. Logo

Logo Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Me? 1-3 hours in a day.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    wbogacz and Chuckthulhu like this.
  9. GrayMaze

GrayMaze Member

Levels:
    2-4 hours

gmacpro likes this.
  10. Azka Fauzan Firdaus

Azka Fauzan Firdaus Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm not sure about it, maybe 1-3 hours (in weekend) and 1-2 hours (in weekdays)

gmacpro likes this.
  11. mothproof

mothproof Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    5 to 6 hours a day, though I make it a point not to make it everyday, cos thatd mean I have a serious addiction.

12. gmacpro

gmacpro Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Maybe - it all depends if the game gets in the way of your other commitments...

Mekob_123 and mothproof like this.
  13. mothproof

Levels:
    Albums:
    My partner has been complaining. ;)

14. Lianne Malone

Lianne Malone Well-Known Member

I'm hooked, I'm obsessed and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have MS and I'm retired on disability now. I don't sleep well so I'm up at all hours of the day and night a lot of the time doing something with Mekorama. I'm not very creative or imaginative, I was a System Architect. So I doubt I will contribute by creating levels; therefore, it is important to me that if I play a level and solve it, that I then post an honest rating and a comment with some thought behind it. I had to play catch-up with that for several days but now I am currently working my way through the levels created by @Don G Rowe then I will tackle someone else's levels. I have availed myself I was some of it great demos and tutorials created by @trids, @Mike_CN, @richardfu, and others who I hope will forgive me for temporarily forgetting their names. I sometimes start out to leave a rating and a comment but after reading the comments left by other members, I end up going back and playing the level again because I realized but I had missed something of importance. So all in all I have probably been spending at least 10 hours a day on Mekorama. But let me add that I am currently bedridden and I do not watch television. I listen to music nearly 24/7, as a background to whatever I am doing. It sounds really bad now that I have read it back but there it is.

15. mothproof

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Lianne Malone Sounds like you're having a lot of fun. I guess as long as the hours-long Mekorama games don't affect your health too much (tired eyes, legs cramping from too much sitting, lack of sunlight, loved ones feeling excluded, etc.), you're good to go. Have a good one.
    P.S. Have you already tried "Rollercoastering". It's must-play level in Mekorama. :)

16. hadi

hadi Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    1-2 hours or some days a bit more:oops:
    Some nights I go back from manufactory, while I see pages on the forum and see the levels, I'll asleep because of fatigue (zero hours):oops::oops::oops:

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    gmacpro and mothproof like this.
  17. Lianne Malone

Lianne Malone Well-Known Member

Just downloaded "Rollercoastering" and will play that level as soon as I finish playing "The Turrets" by @Don G Rowe .

But I did want to assure you that no family member is feeling excluded or neglected. I don't suffer from cramped legs from too much sitting. My MS currently has me bedridden. I suffer from a really low vitamin D level because I don't get enough sunshine! Most the time it is too hot in Florida for me to even consider going outside. Heat and Ms do not mix well. I think sometimes the puppy feels a little bit excluded but then he just launches all 115 lbs of Rottweiler from the floor to my Hospital bed. Not too much to object to there. You just quickly make room. Other than Ares, there is just my youngest son (Alex - age 23), who takes care of me, with some assistance from my mother. He works full-time and goes to School in a primarily online scenario. When he is home we are usually together if he is available. We are very close and we are always talking while he is cooking, and sharing while we eat. He is a pretty awesome young man. But it is pretty quiet at 2 a.m. and while he is at work. Then my time is my own, and challenging as well as occupying, my very active mind, becomes my primary focus. Mekorama has made that a good deal easier. In a pinch, I'm pretty good at throwing a tennis ball backwards, over my head, banking it off the long wall in the entryway so that some good, chase the ball time, is provided for the puppy. :p

mothproof likes this.
  18. mothproof

Levels:
    Albums:
    I was smiling the whole time I was reading this, knowing ur son and mom plus the puppy takes care of you. :)

I mentioned the sunlight because I wake up too late in the morning (currently burning my way through season 7 of House), and by that time the sun is too awfully hot to soak in.

Of course there are other fun, puzzling levels here but Rollercoastering is my absolute favorite. :)

19. Black1226

Black1226 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi
    Lianne! I'm in the same situation, on disability and found a wonderful outlet in Meko. I've only been a member since September, but the folks on this website have made me feel welcome and at home here. I too spend lots of time with B and friends. Probably 7 or 8 hourd, much of it at night. There are many hours to fill when you're used to working and your career is abruptly ended by illness. So I guess it's therapeutic, as well as one heck of a lot of fun!

Mekob_123, gmacpro and Lianne Malone like this.
  20. PvB

PvB Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    1 to1.30 hour I spend to play mekorama

Mekob_123 and gmacpro like this.