1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

General Help Help with the 'throw' move

Discussion in 'Level Play Help' started by D.S.Masters, Oct 3, 2017.

1. D.S.Masters

D.S.Masters Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'll do my usual disclaimer and say that I'm not sure which area this thread should be in - Mods, do what you do.

By now, probably most people - if they've been doing Mekorama for long enough - are used to the throw move, or whatever it's called... you've got a motor attached to a draggable, and just as B steps on the motor you yank it up, tossing him up to a higher level or a different area; both @meko and @sawdust have used it, among others. Despite all of the levels I've played, I still can't do that move, probably a matter of timing... I'm not the world's fastest tapper, though I've finally got the springboard stairs down pat, such as in "Wild Jumper." by @Jay kokare - a fun level, despite the stairs. I'm not very good at the Side Step Stairs, though I can eventually get them.

My question is this: is there any level out there that will let you practice the throw move? Something where that move doesn't put B (or even R) in danger, where messing it up won't ruin you. And heck, levels that teach you tricks and how to do them (though 90% of the tricks are just variations on autopilot) might be a good thing.

nGord likes this.
  2. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @D.S.Masters - Bravo; you got the right forum!

For practice jumping using a moveable, try @richardfu_'s Castle Jump. I've personally found all of his levels intuitive somehow. He has a gift. If there is any of his early work - that essentially introduces most of the elements others have built upon - that you'd like further help on, we'd be happy to help.

I'm sorry that we haven't produced more tutorials around all the tricks. I've asked @NeoCHI for a wiki embedded into the forum, but I don't think it's going to happen. For now, don't forget that we have the Beginner's Pack found under Tutorials.

3. D.S.Masters

D.S.Masters Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Levels:
    Albums:
    I finally managed to get through that level, though I got zapped multiple times before I finally made it through... I'm still not good with the timing of it. I don't know about intuitive... most of his levels that I've tried I can't seem to figure them out, but whatever.