1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Organization "Ignore"

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by nGord, Oct 4, 2017.

Tags:
  1. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    A question came up as to what the "ignore" feature does. There are three ways to access this feature:
    1. When viewing a profile there are links for Report, Ignore, and Follow (in the top right on desktop),
    2. If you click on a username, a profile summary pops up and the Ignore is the final blue/aqua link, and
    3. Under your own profile there is a dedicated page called People You Ignore.

As a quick summary, it seems that any content by that member is blanked out if you ignore them.

I tried going to Xenforo.com and searching their community for more specifics. Looks like you can ignore up to 1000 users, and you end up not seeing anything published by those people: no media, posts, messages, or even PMs. But you may see some system flags like tags, "likes," and alerts (I'm not sure about the latter). You may see their avatar in some places, like if someone is following them. Oh, and you cannot ignore staff members.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem to affect their experience at all; they won't even know that they've been "ignored." And in case you're wondering, no there is no way to block them from seeing your content unless it's media you put in a private album or private message, in which case you can control specifically who sees that stuff. The exception to this rule is that there is an add-on that could be bought.

Have a great day!

Anomynous, BangTe, EL797 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ahnaf ZX

Ahnaf ZX Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    So,for ignore button,i dont know what happen if i tapping ignore button.is ignored member(s) blocked?o_O

3. EL797

EL797 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    If you ignore a member, you won't see his/her postings,such as his/her levels ,comments,messages etc.

4. Black1226

Black1226 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think I've used the "ignore" option once, on s Dr. Smith who shortly thereafter left the forum. I expect some of you remember him. Especially @nGord!