1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Level Management Export/import created levels

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by Anxo Varela, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Anxo Varela

Anxo Varela Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Mekorama is great! I like a lot the game's philosophy: tiny files, simple but very powerful and clever editor with a lot of possibilities... The Android app is almost perfect and mekostudio and forum bring us more and more hours of fun.

BUT I always miss one feature: the possibility of import and export ALL the levels in our device to restore the created levels when the mobile is reseted or changed.

I have read here in the forum that Mekorama's levels and user files are stored in binaries in system folders... I think that I could copy this files if I would have a rooted Android device. But I don't have!
    So I've exported the most of my created levels in PNG/QR format, but this method is a bit tedious when there are 150+ created levels, and the imported levels are not editable anymore. In some way, Mekostudio arranged this lack, because you can import and EDIT a QR codified level... but I think the more simple solution is a button in the creator page to export a single file to your favorite folder, that you can import after.

Thank you in advance and congrats for this great work!

2. Azka Fauzan Firdaus

Azka Fauzan Firdaus Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Anxo Varela likes this.
  3. ED-TREV

ED-TREV Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    That idea is great, the game is great it´s team and all respect to the game, BUT i want to play any level in my device, coment about the level, rate it, like it, i must to download or pick a picture QR code, play the level and if i want to coment or rate the level i need return to mekorama forum. And if i want to upload a level i need to return to mekorama forum to upload, my idea is THE APP OF MEKORAMA IN THE DEVICE COULD SYNCHRONIZE WITH MEKORAMA FORUM, this will be the first step, like secund step, RATE, LIKE OR COMENT IN OUR DEVICE DIRECTLY. But attention my goal will never be to eliminate mekorama forum, my idea is to speed up uploads and downloads levels to ours devices, mekorama forum is this, a forum to express our opinion and to express our appreciation to this wonderfull game, well, thnaks for read and i will wait for this.

Jóh likes this.
  4. Anxo Varela

Levels:
    Albums:
    It could be a good idea. There are apps that can automatically upload some stuff to their websites. In fact, I thought Mekorama had this feature at first.

However, the QR system is one of the strengths of the game. You can upload and import/export individual levels with ease. The lack is just to save the whole state of created levels in order to prevent losing the configuration of the app in your device.

5. ED-TREV

ED-TREV Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    i have the same problem, i change my device i lost my configuration BUT here in mekorama have mine levels on my album Absolutly QR system is powerfull when you dont have enternet, so the idea is synchronize mecorama forum ACOUNT in mekorama APP, and configurathion will be the same in app and web site, and if you dont have enternet NO PROBLEM you have QR code becouse is amazing you want a level but your friend have not enternet you pick a picture and well done, i dont know how will be the new edition of mekorama app or mekorama forum, But that would be necessary so that the configuration can be restored when you change device, what you mean?

6. Anxo Varela

Levels:
    Albums:
  7. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The thing is that Martin Magni does not own mekoramaforum. So essentially the game works because of a fan who made the forum and the builder to create levels. Martin was concerned by the risk of a single point of failure. Mekoramaforum is now a leading part of the community, but not the only one. Facebook, Twitter or any other personal pages can be used to share levels. That's why the game uses QR codes - to offer a non-dedicated place to share levels.

The most important thing to remember is that your scanned cards are sufficient to recover your levels. With a non-rooted device you can't backup or move the files. But you can use an Android Emulator on a computer called MEmu that can see the rooted area easily. Then level cards can be downloaded as scanned cards from the file system. It is also possible to change the name of the binary file to make it switch from the SCAN LEVELS page to the MAKE LEVELS page.

Here is an illustration on my French emulated device (I should do it again but I'm kind of lazy)

[​IMG]

Some stuff should be detailed but no time for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
  8. jvalberca

jvalberca Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi @Gepeto , i've just found this entry. I have formatted several times my phone since June 2016, and obviously I always have lost my imported levels and the status of them (solved/not solved).
    Is it possible with this tool to copy/restore everything? (without root).
    If not possible, do you know how could I do it?
    Thank you in advance.
    Regards.

9. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi @jvalberca!

Without a rooted device, it shouldn't be possible to access the folder with the binary files of your levels under Android. That's why I suggest using an emulator such as MEmu on a PC to have an Android virtualized device that you can easily turn to root, scan your levels, then switch them to the building page of the application by editing the filename.

Funny thing is that today another thread surfaced about these file timestamp questions. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2017
    jvalberca likes this.
  10. jvalberca

jvalberca Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Thank you for your answer.
    I hope Martin finally will give us an update with the functionality of backup to the cloud. I think it's the most important together with the filter of completed levels.
    Regards!