1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Mekorama 2.0 Expanded dimensions of building levels.

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by Adiorama, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Adiorama

Adiorama Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I want a bigger dimension. In mekorama 2.0. I hope that it is possible.

AreaRankDragon and Simple Design like this.
  2. Kyriegabas

Kyriegabas Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Bigger building space? Yeah

Adiorama likes this.
  3. angga alarcon

angga alarcon Active Member

I don't know the purpose
    But a creator like Block Builder or gmacpro or Star penguin or etc has prove to us
    They didnt need big space to build a challenge level, even almost all of their level just using less than 10x10 space
    Mekorama theme is simple puzzle game to make us creative to build or play in simple and small area
    This is not mine craft

Gepeto and Adiorama like this.
  4. BLR

BLR Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    20*20*20 is enough, i think

Adiorama and Simple Design like this.
  5. Vicious Circle

Vicious Circle Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    It's not like it's impossible, but if we look at a few recent upgrades, Martin magni's like hold on 16* space.

That for me not to limit space the works, but more of a maximum space, or some possibility like there'd be another bug in the system or bad lag at the game if space were to expand over 16*.

I've also been playing a lot that nice levels don't have to be with big space, it's quite efficient and saves time also in build or solved the games.

6. AreaRankDragon

AreaRankDragon Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I mean it's not a bad idea, but as we all know: mekorama levels have to fit in a QR code. More space being available might break the way the QR system works, I'm not sure tho since I haven't really seen the behind the scenes of mekorama, but @Gepeto should know better, @Gepeto ur the lead-man-architect-guy-thing(lol) of mekostudio can u tell us if the QR code system can handle more space?

Gepeto and Adiorama like this.
  7. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    The game takes place in a 16×16×16 cubic space. The QR code is made from that. Having more space had already been discussed a lot of times with pros and cons. Of course you can feel more freedom with more space but that could also end up to a lot of boring levels, unecessarily big. All the challenge is about building games that can fit in such a place. The challenge is about solving levels but it is also about building them. Bounderies force to think carrefully on how to build it, sometimes with frustration, as for every puzzle made before its achievement, but sometimes with genius ideas that only comes from the difficulties. From what I remember, the main part is maybe that Martin wasn't interested in more space. ;)