1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - App Can't scan card images starting with an underscore

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by D.S.Masters, Aug 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. D.S.Masters

D.S.Masters Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Film

Levels:
    Albums:
    Okay, does the game have any restrictions on what the file name (for the scan image) should be like? I downloaded two level images from Jomar with no problem, but they both start with an underscore, and the scan function on the game refused to recognize them. I did get them downloaded with the usual 'enlarge the QR code and screenshot' method, but I've never run into this problem before.

2. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    That happens a lot. It scans it based on the image, and not on the file name (as far as I know).

3. D.S.Masters

Levels:
    Albums:
    That sounds like an experiment - a very simple and easy level, minimal, but make sure the filename has an underscore.

4. D.S.Masters

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'll have to disagree with you on this one, Frenzies, because in this case when I used the scan feature of the game, nothing showed up. I hit the menu next to 'Recent' and tapped on 'download' (which is where they end up anyway), and the two images showed up - but instead of the usual picture of the level on the card, there was a 'missing image' icon instead, the first time I've ever seen that. All the other levels I downloaded that day came through just fine; it was just the two where the filename started with an underscore that did not.

5. D.S.Masters

Levels:
    Albums:
    Bingo, theory confirmed. I downloaded Jomar's "Battle Bots" again, and as before, the scan function couldn't find the file at all. I went into Total Commander and removed that initial underscore on the file, and the scan feature found it with no problem.

6. Frenzies

Levels:
    Albums:
    Wow. That's odd

7. D.S.Masters

Levels:
    Albums:
    It might be on Android devices only. How about anyone else? Can you open files like that on an iPad or whatever?

8. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I'm using a Google (LG) Nexus 5 smartphone, Android 6.0.1. I have two options available to get new levels into my phone: 1. use my phones camera to scan (take a picture) of the QR code (I think this is what you mean by "download"), and 2. take a screenshot of the QR code and then use the app to load using existing QR code image (i.e. the screenshot).

If I understand you correctly, you only have a problem in scenario 1.

I could not find a Jomar, but found a Jomer with three levels available on this site. I downloaded all three using method 1 without any problems.

I'm sorry, I do not know what Total Commander is nor where I would find these underscores.

Hope this helps.

9. Frenzies

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think he's having trouble with scenario 2, and I THINK Total Commander is a sort of file manager.

10. D.S.Masters

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yes, Total Commander is a file manager for Android (I have a Google Nexus 7). As far as the problem I've been describing, when you check out a level's page, you have the blue & white 'buttons' above the screenshot; the second from the left is the 'download' button - tap that, and the screenshot is downloaded to your device. From there, you use the 'scan' button in Mekorama to read the screenshot and open the level. It's the filename of the screenshot that seems to be causing the problem - some are named "mekorama.png" or "screenshot_whatever.jpg", and the game has no problems reading those. With Jomer's levels (yes, I misspelled the name), the screenshot filename starts with an underscore, and the game doesn't seem to be able to read those.

nGord likes this.