1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Boundaries B climbs stair outside 16x16x16 but different behaviour head on and head off.

Discussion in 'Game Behaviours' started by MekoMole, Sep 16, 2021.

1. MekoMole

MekoMole Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Being doing a fair amount of work on B working outside the 16x16x16 matrix. This short video illustrates behaviour climbing a tall stair outside the matrix. The difference in behaviour with head on or off is, to me, quite startling. I've drastically edited the climb with head on as it takes for ever.
    To work B has to start from 'white space' within the matrix, totally enclosed with no connection path to the outside world. The destination has to be white space in the outside world but in line with the staircase.
    Why does B do an impersonation of Quasimodo when his his head is on? Is this a cue for a level entitled 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' ? :oops:;):)

2. cimarronline

cimarronline Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    B is trying to walk flat on the white (to the spot you tapped), so he pushes down as he goes up the stair, tipping forward.

MekaSage likes this.
  3. MekoMole

Levels:
    Albums:
    Sounds logical. Presumably when freed from the weight of his head he doesn't tip forward, walks upright and a a much faster pace. Assume placing a cylinder on his body instead of the head should also result in the Quasimodo syndrome. Will try it and report back. Thanks for replying.

4. MekaSage

MekaSage Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I did a test and B will a pillar head instead of an eyeball is faster then regular B with an eyeball. B still leans forward but can't mean as far because the pillar hits the next step up.

MekoMole likes this.
  5. MekoMole

Levels:
    Albums:
    I tried a pillar plus an eyeball, same result as you. Bit inelegant and not very practical.

MekaSage likes this.