1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Zapper-sensitive height of B

Discussion in 'Level Creation Help' started by cpw, Nov 6, 2016.

1. cpw

cpw Retired Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    Lately I've been wondering about the effect of B's height and his vulnerability to zappers. It has been discovered in @Jomer 's Electric Chair that B can use a downward staircase to "stretch" his legs and walk safely on zappers (see the last picture), but it seems there hasn't been any study on the effect of his head size. So I created these to test it, and it appears to confirm that his head does "conduct" electricity (but if you make a headless B he won't get zapped until the zapper reaches his body), rather than only getting zapped when the zapper descends to his yellow body.

Now I wish B could have the ability to switch head modules in a level :rolleyes: I guess this might not really be a useful discovery since you can't change B's head size once the level is running, hence it's not something that you can manipulate in a puzzle. On a less important note, I also tested this with a widened head (such as the one used recently in @Ricko 's Body Help 2) but it has no effect on B's sensitivity to zappers. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frenzies

Frenzies Administrator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I found this before, but thought that it was useless, since I didn't know that higher heads would work, and removing his head would make him headless. But since a higher one would work, this could be a little useful.

cpw likes this.
  3. explorer

explorer Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Since the topic has been raised, I've run into behavior where B's head's height conferred immunity to zappers.

In the following example, if you tap on the opposite copper block, B will take a sharp turn on the corner and will get zapped. (tapping on the cylinder as an intermediary goal will keep B's head far enough from the zapper that he will be unharmed.)

image.jpg

And in this one, B will take a sharp corner, and even step on and walk across the zapper, unharmed.

image.jpg

Just as general zapper behavior, I'll also point out that a zapper will reach diagonally through corners. My level out of the blue uses this, and is one of the levels which emerged from me exploring B's head height versus zapper height.

And the win, for those wanting to skip experimenting.

The hidden zappers move in opposition to the visible vertical slider/elevator. If the elevator is on the same level as B, B is safe.

Jomer, Astral_Mage and cpw like this.