1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Level Management Exporting with checkmark

Discussion in 'Mekorama 2.0' started by Gepeto, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Gepeto

Gepeto MekoStudio Architect Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    As I have received complaints about a screenshot picture (even it is an original readable one) I think the best way to do is the export functionality. But as we can't export with a checkmark it could be great to allow the exportation with the checkmark as it could be called a real original one.

Another cool feature I have thought for a while now is the ability to choose the orientation view of a level to be exported.

trids likes this.
  2. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Maybe screen size had something to do with the screenshot quality - What device do you have? Or rather, what are the dimensions of your screen?

3. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Cos I haven't had any negative feedback so far, and my screen is 1440x2560

4. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    In fact nobody had problems with my cards. Just a campaign of complaints that I have found justified for many cards but not mines: cropping cards are unauthorized. There's some abuse of that (picture changed or QR Code changed) but I'm not concerned about that. As I don't wanna show the whole of my screen just for a little checkmarked card, I think the best way to solve the problem is to allow the exportation of a level with the checkmark. Till then I will use the default exportation function of the game: without the checkmark.
    You've got a huge screen! :eek: Be careful with your account space :p

5. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Not really - just high resolution (Samsung Galaxy Note 4)... And as for account space, i use imgur (and imgur android app) which doesn't use up my mekorama account space.
    :)
    But i agree about exporting checkmarks cards. And it would also be helpful to share (export) directly to gallery, please. At the moment, my best option is to share to email, and then from the email client save the attachment etc.. Which is why i currently prefer screenshots sent to imgur: quicker, simpler, no loss of account quota.

6. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    @trids I have to thank you for imgur.com tip. Because one month ago, as I wondered how I could share pictures in comments, I have seen the provider you're using and did it on the same way :) I didn't found myself confident in using it for the media in itself as I wonder what could happened if one day I decide to close my imgur.com account. It could be sad for others...
    Interesting to know your way of doing. To upload a media I do it the simple way: direct export or shot the screen (then crop...), then upload. Sometimes I do it through a cloud drive than upload from my computer. Kind of same thing than you but without email ;)

trids likes this.
  7. trids

trids Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    You're welcome - actually i picked up the tip myself here the same way as you, but i can't remember who it was that i must thank! :)

Since i only use imgur for mekorama, there's not much risk that I'll close my account.

To upload media for comments in a thread: i take a screenshot; if necessary annotate with Skitch; from my image browser, share to imgur which returns a url for my clipboard; in the thread comments, click the image icon which prompts for the url; done :).

To upload media for new level : very similar to above, except that in the "add new level" dialog, i don't use the upload facility (which i have found to be temperamental); instead there is a similar option to provide the url for an external image, where i provide the imgur reference.

To me, this way is so easy that even if the upload option worked flawlessly for me and if we had no restriction on media quota, i would still choose the imgur reference.

Another tip for thread comments: you can toggle your editing format to bb-code, in which case your images are displayed with IMG tags and the short imgur url while you're editing, instead of the actual image - very useful in a small screen, especially if you have several images!

Gepeto likes this.
  8. Mauro77

Mauro77 Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I think that export game level with the checkmark does not fully solve the problem of changed photos or changed QR. In many levels the checkmark does not cover the building blocks !! :)

9. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Mauro77 You're right. If someone wants to hack the game, maybe he could find a way to, as for any computing things, but then he could be banned... :mad::)
    Exporting with the checkmark and the ability to choose the level orientation view of the card seems to me sufficient to remove card editing habits and post an always optimized card.

10. Mauro77

Mauro77 Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Users who change the levels picture should be banned !! :mad:

11. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    Well... As I've understood some have done that not to replace it by a non related one but to show a better orientation of the same game. That's fair enough if that's the same level which is shown. The problem with a such manipulation is that it can downgrade the QR code quality... So if it can be done straight from the game, as an original feature, that's better.

trids likes this.
  12. chemi

chemi Well-Known Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    What happened? Are there any users posting fake QRs to hack the game? I didn't notice... :confused:

13. Gepeto

Levels:
    Albums:
    @chemi Sorry I wasn't explicit enough. I was speacking about the picture replacement for a better orientation view of the level. Some have replaced the QR code to try a bigger and more readable one, but nothing like hacking it I think.

14. Mauro77

Mauro77 Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yes, the QR code is important, in many levels shared in the forum through screenshot the code does not work and does not open the levels in the game !!

15. Mauro77

Mauro77 Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    I also understand that you speak of fake !!
    Sorry. :)

16. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Do NOT upload your edited cards here. Ever. For ANY reason. Only original screenshots in PNG format and portrait mode are allowed, or the share version of the card.

If you have a truly Unscannable card....contact @Martin Magni
    But do NOT upload an edited card...it will be deleted.

Closing this thread as inappropriate advice for this site.

17. Sunny Sunset

Sunny Sunset Active Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Yes, cards have been posted with fake images and QR codes that do not relate to the image shown, as well as fake check marks. When caught, these cards are deleted. If the user persists in uploading edited cards, they will find themselves banned. DON'T DO IT!

This has happened several times...hence the rule of NO EDITED CARDS.

I don't like to be mean, but rules are rules, and rules are required to be followed here.

18. richardfu

richardfu Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    There is no problem with this thread. Unlocking it.

meko, nGord, Gepeto and 1 other person like this.
  19. cpw

cpw Retired Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    Guess I should speak up here regarding this issue. I am absolutely fine with @Gepeto 's explanation that he enlarged the code only for better scanning. It's like before when @Sunny Sunset tried to force me to either truncate my Nakagin Capsule card name (itself being a reference and can't be truncated) in order to include version numbers to avoid confusion, or delete older versions entirely, just because the game currently doesn't allow lengthier card names. She attempted to make me delete all the old ones because "the forum doesn't allow cards of the same name and author", while in fact all of the uploaded versions were unique in their own ways rather than as "replacements" of older versions.

The issue with @Sunny Sunset is that she takes "rules" so dogmatically that she actually refuses to accept any reasonable exceptions, interprets and enforces these rules by nothing but a standard that only she can possibly make sense of (which, by the way, was also the case in the "level sorting" debate), and forces members to delete their prized creations simply due to certain in-game issues that have yet to be resolved. We've already lost a number of talented designers here and I don't think we can afford more.

Gepeto and nGord like this.
  20. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    @Sunny Sunset - Further to the many solid arguments for you to stand down with your harassing and dictatorial tactics (above and elsewhere), I would like to share a few more particular to this thread:
    - This thread was started in the "Bugs and Features request" forum as it is a feature request;
    - It has evolved into a discussion, which for an online community is not only healthy, but imperative;
    - If your opinion differs, then please speak up with healthy dialogue that supports your point of view, not with empty and bullying rhetoric;
    - Your opinion should stay on topic, i.e. in this case whether Martin Magni should include a feature in the game to augment the exportation of cards;
    - You mentioned that "rules are rules," but who came up with these rules? Where are they posted (you should include a reference)?
    - In several places you continue to exclaim that the only recourse we have is to contact @Martin Magni blatantly ignoring the fact that he is both absent from this forum for some time and likely busy with more important things;
    - This site, being an online community, for the most part acts like one despite your interference, I would suggest that you start to work for the betterment of the greater good and not serve only your self-interests;
    - If you want to start a new thread about the rules around posting edited cards, then please do so IN A NEW THREAD; and
    - I will be happy to argue there the fact that as a community evolves, the rules in which it exists need to evolve with it.

I ask you to cease and desist your unwelcome behaviour on this thread (and elsewhere on this site).

cpw and Gepeto like this.