1. Announcing Mekorama on the Web!

Now anyone can play levels from the forum online, with one click!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Psst! If you're new here, welcome! Please visit these pages first for information about the forum and Mekorama:

Welcome! ¡Bienvenido! Selamat datang! Добро пожаловать! Willkommen!
    and
    Everything you want to know about Mekorama

Dismiss Notice

Help - App How do you download new levels to play?

Discussion in 'General (Issues, Help, Discussions)' started by RosemarysBaby, Jun 2, 2016.

1. RosemarysBaby

RosemarysBaby New Member

Just wondering how to download new levels to play? I can't seem to figure it out.
    Thanks, RosemarysBaby

2. richardfu

richardfu Moderator

Levels:
    Albums:
    In the scan page, you can use the camera to scan a QR code, or choose an image that you have saved.
    Check the official FAQ! http://www.mekorama.com/faq/

3. FREED0M

FREED0M Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    wow I don't know mekorama has a FAQ :p

4. Nikkie

Nikkie New Member

I dont understand how to download new levels to play

5. nGord

nGord Standby Administrator, Retired Moderator Staff Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    Hi @Nikkie, welcome to the forum!

The Mekorama app allows for two ways to upload levels to it. In both cases you first swipe the blue screen to the left so that the purple page 2 appears. In the bottom right will be two icons representing the two ways to upload levels:

1. The camera icon allows you to take a picture of a Mekorama QR code while it is displayed on another screen (or paper, etc.). So if you're browsing this forum with a laptop computer for example, you would find a level card in our Levels section and simply take a picture of the code on the card using the app and it will load auto-magically.

2. The landscape icon allows you to scan an image of a Mekorama QR code from a saved copy on the same mobile device as your app. There are several ways you can save a copy to your device first to scan later. If you're browsing the levels sections in this website with your mobile device, then tap through to a card and either tap the download icon (the white arrow pointing down on a green background found above the card) or tap and hold the image of the card to download a copy.

In both cases the resolution of the QR code matters. If it is fuzzy, then the QR code reader built into the Mekorama app may fail to read the code. To improve your chances, try to use cards that are passed around as exported image files (pure card images that have a file name ending in .png). Once screenshots and cameras start getting introduced into the process, the quality diminishes at each iteration. In that case the best thing to do is focus solely on the QR code and make it as big as possible before taking a screenshot or camera picture of it. The rest of the card is not important for the actual transfer of a level from one device to another.

Please feel free to ask for further clarification if needed. For similar questions, you may be interested in knowing about the "Welcome to MekoramaForum" document found here.

Frenzies likes this.
  6. EL797

EL797 Famous Member

Levels:
    Albums:
    These videos will help you @Nikkie

7. wbogacz

wbogacz Active Member

This may be or, may not be, obvious to experienced mekorama users. I have had difficulties reading QR codes by taking camera shots while diplaying on my laptop when the resolution of a complicated level is very tight, when it is especially small, and the granularity is tiny. In these cases, I project my laptop onto my big screen TV, or just view the card with the TV's browser. The TV's much crisper resolution allows the camera to recognise the QR code, at least so far.

nGord likes this.